Thread: Atmos HTM-200SE - Attaching to Soffit

Question Atmos HTM-200SE - Attaching to Soffit

Hi, I'm building out a new basement theater and would like to use 4 HTM-200SE's for my ceiling Atmos. There are soffit's running along the length of the room, does anyone have any recommendations (mount, strapping, etc) for attaching the HTM's to a plywood soffit? I would like the speakers to be flush with the bottom of the soffit.

I will then drywall around the speakers to create a 'natural' in-ceiling look

Thanks.

-Tap
    IMG_5756.jpeg

Default Re: Atmos HTM-200SE - Attaching to Soffit

Hey guys..any ideas here? I would be okay with strapping them between the joists, but I'm not sure how to do that...I imagine it would be aluminum strapping screwed into the cabinet and mounted between the joists...Any help would be appreciated!

Default Re: Atmos HTM-200SE - Attaching to Soffit

I was going to post a sketch of an idea but I have never had any luck posting pics on this forum. The file size limitations are a killer.

Basically, you could install 2 cross braces per speaker running across the width of the back of the speaker and use metal brackets for attachment. Have the grill proud of the drywall by its own thickness.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables