Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTM 200SEs as Near field Monitors

Default Re: HTM 200SEs as Near field Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Oh wow! A Quinn siting!
    The summer sale email got me poking around a bit. Weird to look at my 15 year old and think I've known some of you longer.

I need to start picking your and Dave's brains on guiding a gifted STEM kid. Being told not to let her go into programming but that she needs to know how to code to read code for trouble shooting. She is being encouraged by people in the STEM field to work toward being an IT system architect. She loves robotics too and built a drone(including 3D printed parts) for her robotic engineering class.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    The summer sale email got me poking around a bit. Weird to look at my 15 year old and think I've known some of you longer.

I need to start picking your and Dave's brains on guiding a gifted STEM kid. Being told not to let her go into programming but that she needs to know how to code to read code for trouble shooting. She is being encouraged by people in the STEM field to work toward being an IT system architect. She loves robotics too and built a drone(including 3D printed parts) for her robotic engineering class.
    PM me your email address.
    -curtis

PM me as well. I can put your daughter in touch with one of my colleagues who is a female Mech Engineering professor who does a lot of mentoring and has been involved in a lot of women in STEM initiatives.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Hey Chris,

Time sure flies doesn't it

My son is also a STEM kid and he is now looking at engineering programs at various UC schools (he's a senior now) His focus is computer engineering and he was also told to stay away from programming. Guiding him hasn't been easy, but I have gently pushed him towards 3d CAD design --> 3D printing just for fun. For example, I recently needed a new and improved stand for my iPhone. My son asked me what I wanted for father's day -- bingo... I told him I wanted a Matthew designed and made iPhone stand.

End result was great - and he engraved it which I didn't expect. Everything was done in 3D CAD and then translated into a "slicing" program for use on our 3D printer. Great learning experience for him and his dad

So now when I need a custom part, or something clever made for the house - I challenge him to see whose design would sell more, mine or his. He usually wins...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

This past weekend we dug the white 200s, that are likely as old as her, outta storage and hooked them up to the amp Dave linked. Sounds great, that Dave guy may know something about designing speakers, and with it having blue tooth she can stream off her phone as well. She is very happy with it.

She managed to get into the local school district's STEM Academy and is very happy there other than Honors Pre-Calc is kicking her ass workload wise with having to do real world cost analysis and presentations using Excel. I've been warning her for a few years that there will come a time that she will no longer be able to rely on her tremendous memory and will have to actually study.

With the 200s in near field, tweeters to the inside or outside?
    Last edited by Quinn; 09-04-2019 at 05:23 PM.