Thread: Help me pick a new set of speakers for my 3.2 setup...

Default Help me pick a new set of speakers for my 3.2 setup...

Just a little background. I have a full blown theater setup with an Ascend 5.2 setup which include a pair of Rythmik 15s. It sounds awesome. When I want to do critical listening I just hang out and get lost in the beautiful sound.

We also have a loft in our house which is where we watch TV. It's an area of about 12x16 with a vaulted ceiling. I am looking to upgrade the sound. Current setup is a pair of the cheapest bookshelves Polk makes (old R10s, very similar to T15). An ancient JBL G Center with a pair of 3.5" speakers. And a pair of Outlaw M8s. Those I am keeping, they have high WAF because they're small, and they sound amazing for what they are.

It's really the JBL Center that has me wanting to upgrade. The only real gotcha is that I'm limited to a hair over 7" in height for the center, and need to stay under 13" for the LR.

While I really WANT to put a Luna pair with the upcoming Luna LCR up there, I'm having a hard time justifying the price. So I'm looking instead at going to a HTM-200SE LCR setup. They will fit with ease, and since they're sealed I don't have to worry about rear facing ports.

A couple of questions: Does the tweeter orientation matter on the L/R? IE tweeters inside or outside? How about the center? Tweeter up/down?

Also, I have Monoprice 11410 brackets already on the wall. They are 1/4-20 studs. Anyone found a plate to bolt to the back of the HTM200SEs that will adapt to that?

Any other L/R speakers I should consider? They HTM200SE is really the only thing that will fit in the center.

Pics for reference:

http://www.fast351.com/hometheater/IMG_2603.png

http://www.fast351.com/hometheater/IMG_2606.png

http://www.fast351.com/hometheater/IMG_2605.png

Default Re: Help me pick a new set of speakers for my 3.2 setup...

per the manual, tweeters to inside for vertical orientation.

for the center, IMO, tweeter on the top as that is likely closer to ear level

I agree with the above...also for improved sound, I would add some non-reflective surfaces to the area such as a large area rug and/or acoustic panels.
    Nate

On the Monoprice site it looks like the 11410 mounts come with an adapter for speakers without a 1/4 X 20 mounting point? Not sure if you have those parts...or if they would work with the HTM.

Those M8's may not go deep but they are punchy and articulate little subs.