Thread: Preventive Maintenance?

Default Preventive Maintenance?

My older set of speakers are Sierra 1s which I purchased used in 2010; they were purchased by the original owner in 2009 so are coming up on 10 years old. I certainly have no complaints about them currently, they sound as good as the day I got them. I'm just wondering if there is any schedule of preventive maintenance that should be done to keep them functioning well for decades to come - something like replacing the rubber woofer surrounds or the crossover caps?

Default Re: Preventive Maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by bcg27 View Post
    My older set of speakers are Sierra 1s which I purchased used in 2010; they were purchased by the original owner in 2009 so are coming up on 10 years old. I certainly have no complaints about them currently, they sound as good as the day I got them. I'm just wondering if there is any schedule of preventive maintenance that should be done to keep them functioning well for decades to come - something like replacing the rubber woofer surrounds or the crossover caps?
    The only maintenance I recommend is to every now and then, wipe down the cabinets with a microfiber cloth to remove any build up. You can also use a mildly damp cloth to clean the woofer's surrounds once or twice a year. The crossover caps are MPP, they will last a lifetime.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Preventive Maintenance?

Great, thanks!