Thread: Sierra Lunas as surrounds in a sub optimal set up

Default Sierra Lunas as surrounds in a sub optimal set up

I have the towers with RAAL in a 3.1 set up for sometime now and just started thinking about adding a pair of Lunas to make it a 5.1 system.

Since this is in a family area of a townhome, the placement options for the surrounds are limited and I can only wall mount them high up near the ceiling and point the speakers down to the listenening area ( am thinking of mounting them upside down so the RAALs are closer to the ear )

I usually do critical listening in 2.1 mode ( yes with a sub ) but want to see what everyone thinks about Lunas as surrounds in a set up like mine. Am I better off to skip the surrounds completely or just get some HTM 200s or even NHT superzeros ( they are smaller than Lunas, sealed and cost $60 per piece) ?

Is there anyone who got Lunas for surrounds and regretting it as they may be overkill just for surrounds?

Default Re: Sierra Lunas as surrounds in a sub optimal set up

I have used both the HTM200 and the Luna. Both are fantastic. The Luna takes things to another level as long as you take your time and dial things in. Very reavealing just as you well know with your towers. Enjoy whatever choice you make

Default Re: Sierra Lunas as surrounds in a sub optimal set up

I've had both the HTM-200s as well as Lunas. I really like the way the Lunas blend with my Sierra-2s up front. Maybe you'll want to try out some 5.1 tracks? In that case, I'd definitely recommend the Lunas
    Nate