Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
You still know what equipment is being used, regardless if your eyes are open or not, and that is still an influence on your perception. It is not equivalent of a blind test.
Curtis, maybe I phrased it wrong? It is not about doing any sort of test, blind or sighted. It's about my enjoyment of the performance......which seems to be a lost concept for many, specifically those obsessed with measurements and what equipment is in the rack. I am simply at a point where I want to focus on the enjoyment of my system and the sound it makes. I have upgraded and tweaked. The sound has improved to varying degrees along the way. I'm at a point where it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labor and try not to think about the next upgrade. So, for ME, when I close my eyes it is not so I "forget" what equipment I have, but rather it allows my mind to paint the picture of the performance so I can enjoy those special song tracks that make me want to close my eyes!

Having a system with the Sierra-2's just makes those moments a bit more special.