Thread: Audyssey Multeq App

Default Audyssey Multeq App

For those with recent Audyssey enabled receivers (I think 2017 and newer, or maybe 2016) there is an add on app on iOS or Android for $20 that lets you run Audyssey from the app rather than the receiver. It also lets you adjust things like the mid range compensation and target frequency response curves.

I was wondering if anyone had best practice settings for these. I turned off mid range compensation because I read a negative comment from Dave on it somewhere. There is also a high frequency roll off in the target curve that seems questionable. Would it be better to flatten that out by editing the target curve or should I just restrict the equalization to lower frequencies like sub 500 Hz (which I guess would also eliminate the MRC dip)?

I know there are a ton of negative reviews of the app but it worked pretty well for me on a Galaxy S9. It's neat to see the before and after frequency response curves. It was able to attain the target curve pretty much dead on. I guess you can see the same and way more with REW but I haven't taken the leap into that yet.
    Last edited by bcg27; 12-14-2018 at 04:20 AM.

Default Re: Audyssey Multeq App

I think I would restrict equalizing to 500 hz and below, like you said. I'm glad the app is working for you, I wish I could use it on my x4200.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I think I would restrict equalizing to 500 hz...
    That's what I do with my Dirac setup (I think actually 400hz).
    -curtis

Thanks, I'll give 500 Hz a try. I need to pick up a mic to use with REW some time.