Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and basically new to home theatre. I also realize this type of question has been posted ad-nauseam, so please forgive me in advance if it seems like I didn't do my research. Rest assured, I've done a lot of research and looked at many speaker reviews until it seemed like it would be a never-ending quest (maybe that's the fun of it!). This post is long-winded, so bear with me.

What began as forming an eventual home theater around the modest, but well-reviewed Micca MB42X speakers transitioned to the Kef Q350s then leading to the SVS Ultras. With SVS in mind, I also thought I'd go with their subs to keep everything the same brand and their warranty/customer service/free shipping were also factors that contributed. I thought the Ultras were a sure-fire bet, until I saw the raving reviews from Ascend Acoustics. Thanks to the multiple posts in this forum, I feel like the Sierra 2s would be a perfect match and would be something I could find myself being happy with for a good portion of the 'long-haul'. Now, with the thought of Ascend Acoustics, I've found myself really interested in the Rythmik subs.

Below, you will find the setup I'm debating - feel free to throw out other suggestions. My budget right now is around $3k. It will definitely be a work in progress and my current plan is to begin with a 2.1 setup then transition to a 3.1 - eventually ending on no more than a 5.1. I'm not opposed to dual subs, but just not off the bat for financial reasons.

As far as the music:movie ratio, music would come out on top at 60:40. I like the idea of the subwoofer(s) being well integrated into the overall sound stage for music, but also like the idea of room-rattling lows for movies. So I'm unsure of whether a sealed or ported enclosure would be best.

Some details - the current 'workable' space measures approximately 12'x13' with 8' ceiling. There is an area off the entry way that is approximately 10'x13' including the 4' entry - while this is part of the living room area, I don't foresee it being part of the viewing area where the tv and seating will be. See the attached room diagram.

Television - Sony XBR75X900E 75-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (owned)
L/R Channels - AA Sierra-2
Center Channel - AA Sierra Horizon RAAL
Rear Surround Channels - Sierra Luna
Sub(s) - Rythmik LVX12 or F12SE or the new SVS SB-3000 - Would anything bigger like Rythmik E15HPSE or the SVS pb/sb-4000 be overkill for this room?
AVR - Denon AVRX3400H (7.1) or AVR-S540BT (5.1) (Will this be enough to power all of this?)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!room.diagram.php.jpg