Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker Positioning (toe-in)

Cool Re: Speaker Positioning (Toe-Out)!?!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post

I have not yet looked into formal room treatments, but may need to experiment with that further to find if I can take my listening room to even greater audio-bliss heights!!

Ted
    FWIW,

Since my January report on "toeing-out" the Sierra NrT's, I did experience another substantial and definitive improvement in my 2-channel capability when I replaced standard RCA interconnects with a CD high resolution RCA set. With these, have gained even more openness, clarity and even further high frequency extension. Thus, re-hearing details and nuances in all of my recordings that I hadn't before!!

In March, took the next logical step and received some GIK 2A Alpha AbFusers 2ft square x 2" deep panel room treatments (absorber & diffusor). However after 2 weeks, no matter where I tried (listening wall, side walls, setup wall), I could not "improve" the live acoustics of my listening room. Primarily, I lost some focus, air and openness in the upper midrange and lower treble regions. Placement behind the Sierra's were the least intrusive to the stereo holographic presentation, but nevertheless a detraction that did nothing to "improve" the live 3D experience, the wide and deep soundstage and strong center focus that my small intimate listening room offers!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Thumbs up Re: Speaker Positioning (Toe-Out)!?!

With about 2 months of break in time on the new interconnects (orchestral, pipe organ, choral, vocal, piano, night club R&B and jazz genres), the soundstage has grown in size, mid-bass speed, punch and tonality has improved, pinpoint imaging focus has tightened and even dynamics have increased!

Still have the Sierra-1 NrT's toed-out 5 degrees, the power amp passing on the 70hz high pass signal from the pre-amp and have finally settled on optimum room placements. Seems these on-going incremental changes (High Pass, Toe-Out, High Res Interconnect, Room Placement) have really combined to transform the full potential of the "Live Music Delivery" that the AA Sierra-1 NrT Monitors are capable of in a 2.1 stereo presentation!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!