Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra-2 Towers

Default Sierra-2 Towers

Hi Dave and co.

Is there something in the works to make Sierra-2 towers? I've been checking for about 2 years, but haven't seen anything as yet. I'd love to move my Sierra-2 monitors to the rear and put towers in the front...one day.

Thanks.

And not quite belonging to this post, but I am curious, is there any option to trade in our speakers for a different finish if they're in perfect/near-perfect condition? For instance, if you move and want to match your new decor with Natural instead of Piano Black.
    Last edited by GrandMasterJ; 11-23-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Default Re: Sierra-2 Towers

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMasterJ View Post
    Hi Dave and co.

Is there something in the works to make Sierra-2 towers? I've been checking for about 2 years, but haven't seen anything as yet. I'd love to move my Sierra-2 monitors to the rear and put towers in the front...one day.

Thanks.

And not quite belonging to this post, but I am curious, is there any option to trade in our speakers for a different finish if they're in perfect/near-perfect condition? For instance, if you move and want to match your new decor with Natural instead of Piano Black.
    Do you mean a speaker with the same drivers as the Sierra-2 but in a tower form? That's an interesting question. I've often wondered if there's place for a speaker in between the Sierra-2 and the tower. Either a 2-way tower or a larger bookshelf speaker with higher sensitivity and output.

Hi Dave and co.

Thanks.

Sierra-2 was created / designed to come close to the performance of our Ribbon Towers but in small 2-way speaker. Can you better describe what you mean by a Sierra-2 Tower?

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Sierra-2 was created / designed to come close to the performance of our Ribbon Towers but in small 2-way speaker. Can you better describe what you mean by a Sierra-2 Tower?

Thanks!
    Sorry, I forgot to check back for quite some time, I guess!

So, much in the way that the Sierra-1 Towers were created; a bigger driver for bass extension and more midrange capability (if I'm recalling correctly?). For instance, I do not have a subwoofer right now, but perhaps you mean that combining a sub with a full set of Sierra-2 monitors would make a tower a pointless endeavor? The bass extension on the Sierra-2 monitors is quite nice on their own, but I know there is further detail there I do not hear without a subwoofer; and then there is the level I cannot even hear, but can be "felt."

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Do you mean a speaker with the same drivers as the Sierra-2 but in a tower form? That's an interesting question. I've often wondered if there's place for a speaker in between the Sierra-2 and the tower. Either a 2-way tower or a larger bookshelf speaker with higher sensitivity and output.
    And yes, but with some added larger woofers. The tweeter would remain the same.

And yes, but with some added larger woofers. The tweeter would remain the same.
    You know you can get the Sierra Tower with a RAAL tweeter, right? It's actually even better than the one in the Sierra-2.

As far as bigger woofers go, I don't think there's any plans for that. It seems that most people aren't really looking for deeper bass since that is usually taken care of by the subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    You know you can get the Sierra Tower with a RAAL tweeter, right? It's actually even better than the one in the Sierra-2.

As far as bigger woofers go, I don't think there's any plans for that. It seems that most people aren't really looking for deeper bass since that is usually taken care of by the subwoofer.
    I think I saw that at one point and forgot it was an option.

How does it differ from the "Custom RAAL True Ribbon Tweeter" in the Sierra-2?

I think I saw that at one point and forgot it was an option.

How does it differ from the "Custom RAAL True Ribbon Tweeter" in the Sierra-2?
    It has higher performance all the way around, larger/more surface area, higher power handling and output. Also, don't forget, the Tower has a purpose built midrange driver.

In this pic, the smaller tweeter is the one in the Sierra-2, the other is in the Tower.

Last edited by curtis; 02-03-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    It has higher performance all the way around, larger/more surface area, higher power handling and output. Also, don't forget, the Tower has a purpose built midrange driver.

In this pic, the smaller tweeter is the one in the Sierra-2, the other is in the Tower.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for that.

So do the Sierra-1 towers with the RAAL tweeter pair well with the Sierra-2 with the "custom RAAL?" Say you took the Sierra-2 and moved them to the rear (which might be a waste).