Thread: Enough receiver for classic CMT 340's?

Default Enough receiver for classic CMT 340's?

I've managed to score a front 3 of classic CMT 340's for a crazy low price. They sound amazing for what they are, and this is coming from a Sierra 2 owner.

Going to use them in a second 5.1 setup in another room. I have an older budget Yamaha RX-V375 AVR lying around and plan to repurpose them for this setup.

My question is would it do the CMT's justice, or am would I be missing something with an entry level receiver like this? The AVR spec page is here: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...375/index.html

Default Re: Enough receiver for classic CMT 340's?

Quote Originally Posted by goldark View Post
    I've managed to score a front 3 of classic CMT 340's for a crazy low price. They sound amazing for what they are, and this is coming from a Sierra 2 owner.

Going to use them in a second 5.1 setup in another room. I have an older budget Yamaha RX-V375 AVR lying around and plan to repurpose them for this setup.

My question is would it do the CMT's justice, or am would I be missing something with an entry level receiver like this? The AVR spec page is here: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...375/index.html
    The 340's have excellent efficiency and are a very easy load. That Yamaha receiver is fine
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Enough receiver for classic CMT 340's?

I have a pair of CMT-340SE as my front mains, driven by an Emotiva Fusion 8400 AVR. The power rating is higher than your Yamaha (5x80W or 7x65W all channel driven, over 8 Ohm), but in dB is not really that much more. In my 18x14x8 room they play plenty loud, with or without the help from a Rythmik L12 sub (which they blend perfectly with).

One of the reasons I got the 340s is their sensitivity, since I have an AVR and not separates with higher power. No buyer remorse at all 😁. Those speakers are amazing for the price.