Thread: Welcome Luna!

Thumbs up Welcome Luna!

Wait. What Luna-cy am I announcing? Well. I'm just back from working in Korea and I see Luna now featured on the main website page, and in the product list, with specs and performance for all to see and... crickets. Not a single mention of recognition on the Forum.

Well, I noticed, Dave. Good work!

Default Re: Welcome Luna!

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    Wait. What Luna-cy am I announcing? Well. I'm just back from working in Korea and I see Luna now featured on the main website page, and in the product list, with specs and performance for all to see and... crickets. Not a single mention of recognition on the Forum.

Well, I noticed, Dave. Good work!
    Thanks Jim!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Woot! Have two pairs, one for my HT surround and a pair for my computer setup. Awesome to see them officialy in the store. Alll we néed now is for the Luna LCR to be released so I can replace my Sierra 2 center in the HT.
    Last edited by Mahawkma; 11-08-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    ... All we néed now is for the Luna MtM to be released so I can replace my Sierra 2 center in the HT.
    Say, whah? Why would you do that? I mean, you already own the better speaker.

FWIW, here, Dave suggests maybe March/April:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...0100#post60100
    Last edited by jimb; 11-06-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Placement options is what it comes down to. Also, if the performance of the Luna is any indication, probably won’t be a downgrade.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Placement options is what it comes down to. Also, if the performance of the Luna is any indication, probably won’t be a downgrade.
    I think Dave said somewhere that Luna LCR won't play quite as deep as the Sierra-2.

Found it:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9406#post59406
    Last edited by curtis; 11-06-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I think Dave said somewhere that Luna LCR won't play quite as deep as the Sierra-2.

Found it:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9406#post59406
    Thanks for digging that quote from Dave up. Remember reading it now. However, in my situation losing low end won’t efffect me that much. Anyway, will wait and see what the performance is like before pulling the trigger. Of course, I could always just buy it to run in my desktop setup...

... Of course, I could always just buy it to run in my desktop setup...
    Placement options I understand. But maybe not enough to use it as a monitor stand!

I wouldn't say the Sierra-2 is better than the forthcoming Luna LCR, all depends on what the speaker is being used for.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I wouldn't say the Sierra-2 is better than the forthcoming Luna LCR, all depends on what the speaker is being used for.
    Ohhh! Luna LCR! Please say more once you finalize it. I know front porting is a plus to me in several uses.