Hi Everyone,

First I'd like to apologize for the length that this will probably turn out to be. My question(s) are primarily related to the speaker/receiver settings. I've had this system since around 2013 and every now and then I get the urge to try to tweak the settings to see if I can get a better sound. I'll try to be as brief as possible and ask specific questions. I'll be the first to admit that I am not an audiophile and truth be told, I'd probably classify as whatever the antonym is for an audiophile. First my components:

Receiver: Yamaha RX-A1000
Speakers: Front: CMT-340SE
Center: CMT-340SE
Front Surround: CBM-170SE
Rear Surrond: CBM-170SE (currently not connected)
Sub: Rhythmik FV12 vented
Connections to Receiver: TV
PS3
Cable Box
Android Box
Computer

Everything is networked. I'd say it's primarily used 60% for television and 40% for streaming music.

Basically what it boils down to is that it seems like everything I read gives different recommendations for sub settings (Rhythmik recommendations different from Yamaha recommendations which differ from the subwoofer sticky in the Ascend forum). I'm prepared for a lot of "it depends answers" but I'm definitely willing to work through those with someone if they are willing to be patient enough to work through it for me. So let's begin:

1. So first the "Configuration" menu under "Speaker Setup" and then "Manual Setup" on the receiver. This is basically where you set the speakers to "large" or "small". It also has a subwoofer option, extra bass, and bass crossover. I currently have the CMT's set as large and the CBM's set as small. I have the subwoofer option as "use" and the phase as "normal" (the other option being "reverse"). I have "Extra Bass" set to "on" and "Bass Crossover" set to 80Hz which is the default.

2. In the same "Manual Setup Menu" menu there is an option for "Parametric EQ". Under that is "PEQ Select" with the options being "Manual" (way over my head), Flat, Front, Natural, and Through.

3. Now for my sub settings.
Delay/Phase: 0
Crossover: 120Hz
Level: half way between min and max
In "Bass Extension" I have the Frequency @ 14 and Damping @ "High".

Before I move on, I'll stop here and just ask for any recommendations folks might have as to changes that may need to be made. Also, if anyone would like to see the manual for the receiver, it's pretty easy to google the .pdf for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if this post would be better in a different forum, just tell me to gtfo and the best place to post.

Thanks,
Avery