Thread: Thoughts on powered Luna’s?

Default Thoughts on powered Luna’s?

Right now I’m using my Luna’s in my office hooked up to a desktop computer and powered amp. With the success of the Kef LS50 wireless, ELAC and other high end speaker companies are jumping onboard and creating their own powered high end bookshelves, any thoughts of entering this market segment Dave? It’d be nice to just hook up a source or have tidal or Roon streamed directly to the speakers that already had you match it a dac and amp. All I know is if you came up with something along the lines of powered Luna’s or even Sierra-2’s you’d have at least one immediate customer.

Default Re: Thoughts on powered Luna’s?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
    Right now I’m using my Luna’s in my office hooked up to a desktop computer and powered amp. With the success of the Kef LS50 wireless, ELAC and other high end speaker companies are jumping onboard and creating their own powered high end bookshelves, any thoughts of entering this market segment Dave? It’d be nice to just hook up a source or have tidal or Roon streamed directly to the speakers that already had you match it a dac and amp. All I know is if you came up with something along the lines of powered Luna’s or even Sierra-2’s you’d have at least one immediate customer.
    A powered speaker still needs a DAC to connect to unless you are fine with 1 input only (and it being XLR generally). The other problem is the noise floor tends to be quite high on powered speakers due to tradeoffs made to keep the amp small and passively cooled.

Have you looked at getting maybe a slimline receiver or a DAC/AMP system? If you don't have room and (I assume this is a desk setup) there are under-desk mount or netting to hold a amp/dac.

Default Re: Thoughts on powered Luna’s?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
    We have had a few customers ask about this possibility but may plate is currently overflowing with projects right now. I definitely see potential in this...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com