Hi,

I've been enjoying my Sierra 2 driven by Marantz SR6010 for about 2 years now. I've 20x20x8 room which is open to dining area which is open to kitchen. This is 2.1 system (with Rythmik E15HP) used for multiple purpose like streaming music from Tidal, Netflix, BluRay concerts, movies, TV etc (but mainly for music)

I'm pretty happy with my system but wondering if I would gain anything by using dedicated amp. I don't listen that loud volume, mostly listen at -20db and once in a while crank it up to -5db. Loudness is not what I'm looking for, but I'm more concern about better control with amp. I would like to know if using dedicated amp would help with better imaging, depth, resolution, soundstage and detail retrieval. Also would it help listening at lower level (around -30db).

I was looking at Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 3 ($1000) but researching more found that Parasound A21 ($2500) or Peachtree Nova 300 ($2200) would be better choice than Emotiva. There are some glowing reviews for Parasound and Peachtree but at the same time there are people that claims that most of the time difference between AVR and Amp is not noticeable in blind test. Peachtree/Parasound is serious money (especially considering that sierra 2 is only $1500). So you guys think that it's wort going from AVR to Amp or it's just waste of money?