Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra Tower versus Other towers (help!)

Default Re: Sierra Tower versus Other towers (help!)

I sold my pair of PSB T2 towers to a friend and bought the Sierra's with ribbon tweeter and have never regretted that decision. I enjoy them every day - with the horizon for center (with ribbon) and Sierra 2's for back speakers. Now if they would just make ribbon surrounds I'd be set for an amazing home theater system (using Martin Logan's presently for surrounds and heights)

Quote Originally Posted by moovtune View Post
    I sold my pair of PSB T2 towers to a friend and bought the Sierra's with ribbon tweeter and have never regretted that decision. I enjoy them every day - with the horizon for center (with ribbon) and Sierra 2's for back speakers. Now if they would just make ribbon surrounds I'd be set for an amazing home theater system (using Martin Logan's presently for surrounds and heights)
    The Sierra Luna's work well as surrounds. http://www.ascendacoustics.com/Merch..._Code=LSPK-2CH
    Nate

I use Lunas as surround and am ecstatic with them! Complete seamless integration. They never draw attention to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Some random comments from the peanut gallery:

1. Tekton makes absolutely ridiculous claims about how their speakers work, and how speakers work in general, and they exaggerate their specs like crazy. For those reasons alone I wouldn't consider them.

2. Paradigm, in my opinion, lost their way with the new Prestige series. I've seen measurements of several models from several sources (Stereophile, NRC, Euro mags, etc), and none of them have been good. Paradigm supposedly has a new anechoic chamber. Either it's not calibrated right, or they don't know how to use it, or they don't care to make neutral speakers any more.

3. The Polks, from what I've seen, measure fairly well and are well-engineered. What's more, I've read rumors they're about to be closed out and can be had at 50% off or more. At those prices they become a good buy. Whether they're as good as the Sierra towers, I can't say. I think in some ways they are about as good and in some ways they are not as good. They're the only one on this list I would even consider against the Sierras, and only at the closeout pricing.
    The thing I like about the Paradigms for home theater, is you don't have to worry about kids pushing in the drivers. The woofers are inverted and the tweeters have a hard dome waveguide. Also they look quite sharp. On the flip side, yeah they need serious room correction to fix the weird frequency response.