Thread: Ascend Financial Position

Default Ascend Financial Position

Before I pull the trigger and buy pair of speakers, what is Ascend’s financial position/capital structure?

Hard to gauge if this company will be around long enough to honor its warranties....

Default Re: Ascend Financial Position

Quote Originally Posted by AbuDilan View Post
    Before I pull the trigger and buy pair of speakers, what is Ascend’s financial position/capital structure?

Hard to gauge if this company will be around long enough to honor its warranties....
    You should call Ascend and ask.

That said, Ascend has been in business for around 20 years.
    -curtis

A bit of an odd question but I do understand. That said, we will soon be entering our 20th year of business. I am certainly not going to share details about our financial position or capital structure - but we are healthy with zero debt. Unlike some of our competitors, we actually have employees and offices, of which we now occupy over 7000 sq feet spread out over (2) buildings consisting of our production area, warehouse space and office space...

We aren't going anywhere
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    A bit of an odd question but I do understand. That said, we will soon be entering our 20th year of business. I am certainly not going to share details about our financial position or capital structure - but we are healthy with zero debt. Unlike some of our competitors, we actually have employees and offices, of which we now occupy over 7000 sq feet spread out over (2) buildings consisting of our production area, warehouse space and office space...

We aren't going anywhere
    Great to hear!

Really? I'm much more worried about how they sound. If they don't sound good, they won't stay in my system long enough to need anyone to honor the warranty. That said, the only way I'm letting my Sierra-2s go is if I upgrade to Sierra RAAL Towers. Which I'm likely to do in another year or two.
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington

OMG, that is so funny! I frequently read through these threads and reply sometimes but this one caught my attention!

I intend to upgrade from my Sierra 1's to the 2's in the next year and I would do this even if I knew Ascend was going out of business in 2019! haha.. BUT, it;'s an interesting question indeed and is a worthy consideration since these speakers were designed, engineered, assembled with custom made high-end components ONLY through, and at Ascend!

I am not knowledgable about the mechanics and science of sound reproduction and the servicing of such speakers but I'm imagining that the average speaker repair shop would struggle with such highly engineered speakers if a repair or component replacement were needed.

But as I stated, I'd still be obtaining a set of speakers even if a "going outta bus" notification were to be published......which evidently from Dave's reply is not!

I hope one of these employeees is working on the website upgrade.....��
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

Great to hear!
    Did someone or something you read give you a cause to be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    I hope one of these employeees is working on the website upgrade.....��
    It all falls on me at this point, and I will get it done
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

No, just paranoid