Thread: Hello From Denver

Default Hello From Denver

Greetings All,

New Sierra 2 owner here and I'm loving these gems. I've been into audio for nearly 45 years, so I've owner a lot of gear. Recently moved to a smaller house as retirement approaches and needed some monitors for my small basement listening area. After a lot of research I decided to take the plunge.

Really, in this price range I don't think anything comes close. Fast, detailed, smooth, musical and just plain addicting to listen to. My wife knows I'm happy with my gear when I don't come upstairs from the basement for hours. Well now I think she's happier than I am.

I'm getting nice bass response too which is an added bonus. I listen to jazz, vocals, and light classic rock. My listening space is approx. 12'x14' so I listen near field. My gear is:

Ascend Sierra 2 monitors
    Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum with KT 120 tubes
    Blue Sound Node 2 for streaming Internet radio and CDs from NAS
    PS Audio DLink III Dac
    Pro-Ject RM 10 turntable with Garrott Optim FGS cartridge
    Bottlehead Reduction+Integration Phono preamp

I tried single driver speakers for a while when I had a low power amp and it was a real love/hate kind of thing. The Sierra 2 reminds me of the love part, detailed and fast. Jazz is awesome with these!

Anyway, glad to be onboard and my thanks goes out to the Ascend Acoustics crew for developing such a fantastic speaker!
    Last edited by audiomaniac; 07-15-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Default Re: Hello From Denver

Quote Originally Posted by audiomaniac View Post
    Greetings All,

New Sierra 2 owner here and I'm loving these gems. I've been into audio for nearly 45 years, so I've owner a lot of gear. Recently moved to a smaller house as retirement approaches and needed some monitors for my small basement listening area. After a lot of research I decided to take the plunge.

Really, in this price range I don't think anything comes close. Fast, detailed, smooth, musical and just plain addicting to listen to. My wife knows I'm happy with my gear when I don't come upstairs from the basement for hours. Well now I think she's happier than I am.

I'm getting nice bass response too which is an added bonus. I listen to jazz, vocals, and light classic rock. My listening space is approx. 12'x14' so I listen near field. My gear is:

PS Audio DLink III Dac

I tried single driver speakers for a while when I had a low power amp and it was a real love/hate kind of thing. The Sierra 2 reminds me of the love part, detailed and fast. Jazz is awesome with these!

Anyway, glad to be onboard and my thanks goes out to the Ascend Acoustics crew for developing such a fantastic speaker!
    Welcome, fellow Coloradan!

Thanks 14er!

Welcome from Loveland, CO!

Be careful. Ascend speakers tend to eat up a lot of retirement time...at least that has been my (happy) experience.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jack1949 View Post
    Welcome from Loveland, CO!

Be careful. Ascend speakers tend to eat up a lot of retirement time...at least that has been my (happy) experience.

Jack
    Hey Jack. I'm already starting to see that!

John

Quote Originally Posted by audiomaniac View Post
    Greetings All,

Ascend Sierra 2 monitors
    PS Audio DLink III Dac

Welcome to the forum and we are very happy that you are enjoying the Sierra-2!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com