Thread: Looking For New Amp

Default Looking For New Amp

I have a pair of Sierra 2’s that I think might benefit from more power. Currently I run them full range with a musichall audio integrated 50Wx2 setup.

I’m in between a pair of monoblocks from outlaw model 2200 (200W each) or a parasound a23 (125Wx2 dual channel amp).

Any recommendations?

Thanks for the time

Default Re: Looking For New Amp

You might consider an Outlaw Model 5000. Plenty of clean power to drive your Sierra-2s at about the same delivered price as two of the monoblock Outlaw 2200 amps with three additional channels for future use.

I have one Outlaw 5000 driving my front three (Sierra-2 L&R, Horizon C) and it is plenty of amp for either big HT sound or high SPL music in my larger listening space. Note the same Outlaw also powers an infrequently used secondary zone in an adjacent room.
    Last edited by BrianNLS; 06-04-2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Fix bad autocorrect

I have been using the Outlaw 5000 myself, one unexpected benefit is that it runs very cool.

Thanks for the responses guys. I looked at that one very closely.

I ran into a B stock ATI AT1802 and took the plunge. Also read that I could add more channels to it if i ever find the need to.

Great amp. Enjoy!

I just came onto the forum to ask about a good site for selling my Axiom 1500-3 amp. PM me jpmc if interested.

But other than that....can anyone recommend a solid place to market this amp? I've sold gear before, but only locally. Spendy amp- works great but don't need the power for the smaller room I'm moving the system into.

Thanks for any tips/ideas guys