Thread: New Amplifier In the Works

Default New Amplifier In the Works

I have a pair of Sierra 2ís that I think might benefit from more power. Currently I run them full range with a musichall audio integrated 50Wx2 setup.

Iím in between a pair of monoblocks from outlaw model 2200 (200W each) or a parasound a23 (125Wx2 dual channel amp).

Any recommendations?

Thanks for the time!

Default Re: New Amplifier In the Works

Hard to answer without knowing room size, type of music, etc. I ran my S2s with a variety of gear. 85wpc Yamaha integrated, 120wpc Plinius integrated and 250wpc Teac integrated. Finally settled on a 70wpc Marantz integrated and it works well in my treated 18 x 10 listening room.
    You have amazing speakers, and my experience would suggest electronics won't make a huge difference. Depending on your situation, $ may be better spent on room treatments, a solid DAC or turntable (if you're into vinyl).
    My journey indicates that speakers, turntable/cartridge, DAC and SACD player choices (in that order) have yielded more noticeable improvement than electronics. And the Plinius and Teac units are no slouches ... the latter sharing engineering with the Esoteric team.

Default Re: New Amplifier In the Works

Quote Originally Posted by jpmc View Post
    I have a pair of Sierra 2’s that I think might benefit from more power. Currently I run them full range with a musichall audio integrated 50Wx2 setup.

I’m in between a pair of monoblocks from outlaw model 2200 (200W each) or a parasound a23 (125Wx2 dual channel amp).

Any recommendations?

Thanks for the time!
    Quick question -- how far back is your main listening position from the speakers?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com