Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another RAAL v NrT question

Default Re: Another RAAL v NrT question

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    as someone who has endured both titanium and 'soft' dome tweeters for the past 20 years, I can assure you the RAAL is WAY WAY WAY easier on the ears, resulting in a much more pleasant and engaging experience
    Example: Diana Krall's "S'Wonderful". On my dome tweeter speakers, every time she sang "S" (which is, obviously a LOT in this song), it really jumped out at you, in an annoying, distracting way. With the RAAL the "S" is very much there and extremely well defined, but it doesn't bring attention to itself. Hope that helps.
    Enjoy!

PS- I have no experience with the NrT dome tweeter, no doubt a superior tweeter than I have experienced in the past, so I'm assuming the difference would less prominent.
    +1 on this. The lack of sibilants with the RAAL is a standout feature for me. That's why I call them detailed but smooth.

Appreciate everyone's input. Placed order for RAAL Towers this past Friday so I am awaiting shipping notice which might be a couple weeks. Will post initial thoughts once I have them hooked up.

I am brand new here... and today is my 70th birthday....and just placed my raal tower order with Dina this afternoon.
    What I would like to share is that my current system is very responsive with gobs of very finely detailed
    music and lots of presence.
    I chose to purchase the raal towers because (though I have not heard them) as I look at the raal tweeter graphics David F provides in his literature...the spectral time stop of the raals is amazingly fast even compared with the Focal Sopra No.3, step response on be tweeter axis at best seems way slower 3.3msec compared to .75 msec of the raal tweeter. Google the Sopra 3 meaurements and compare...

What this means to me is better definition and resolution of the soundstage.. for me even at 70 what I can still enjoy musically will be far better with the Sierra raal tower. The raal tweeter from what i can gather from reading is that the raal tweeter has a uniform smoothness better control metal domes cannot offer. Translating into a cleare, cleaner flowing nasties free musical experience.

I think Brady best described it saying easier on the ears..

My current speakers are Infinity Beta 50s that do many things well...except for the occasional nasty overemphasis of certain instruments.

Hope this helps other seniors realize their audio dreams. If you seniors outhere can still enjoy music..
    then why not give the Sierra raal towers a go....
    My system:
    Power: PS Audio P5 regenerator,
    Sources: Oppo 205, 105, Ah 4000 upsampled cdp.
    Preamps: Wyre4Sound STP SE Stage 2, Classic Mcintosh Mx110 all tubed
    tuner preamp, occasionally Emotiva XSP1 Gen 2
    Power amp: Parasound Halo A-21
    Speakers: Infinity Beta 50 cmmd (Dr Floyd Toole concept)
    Power cables: 2 Pangea AC 9SE MkII, 3 Pangea AC 14SE MkII
    Interconnects: XLR Nordost Red Dawn
    Speaker wires: Nordost Red Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Luv O' Musik View Post
    I am brand new here... and today is my 70th birthday....and just placed my raal tower order with Dina this afternoon.
    What I would like to share is that my current system is very responsive with gobs of very finely detailed
    music and lots of presence.
    I chose to purchase the raal towers because (though I have not heard them) as I look at the raal tweeter graphics David F provides in his literature...the spectral time stop of the raals is amazingly fast even compared with the Focal Sopra No.3, step response on be tweeter axis at best seems way slower 3.3msec compared to .75 msec of the raal tweeter. Google the Sopra 3 meaurements and compare...

What this means to me is better definition and resolution of the soundstage.. for me even at 70 what I can still enjoy musically will be far better with the Sierra raal tower. The raal tweeter from what i can gather from reading is that the raal tweeter has a uniform smoothness better control metal domes cannot offer. Translating into a cleare, cleaner flowing nasties free musical experience.

I think Brady best described it saying easier on the ears..

My current speakers are Infinity Beta 50s that do many things well...except for the occasional nasty overemphasis of certain instruments.

Hope this helps other seniors realize their audio dreams. If you seniors outhere can still enjoy music..
    then why not give the Sierra raal towers a go....
    Thank you for getting your order in and I very much look forward to your feedback!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for your input. Got word from Dave yesterday that my RAAL Towers should be shipped out today. Once I get a tracking number I will schedule a couple of days off. Will be interesting to see how they compare with current speakers. Will post impressions once I've spent some quality time with them.

Congratulations on your order..and soon you will have your towers...please, please do share your findings.
    As soon as I get mine set up positioned etc...burn in time will be happy to share comparo feed back.

Will try to give specifics such as pieces of music and what all appears to be going on in the soundstage
    compared to my Beta 50s. For finish I chose dark cherry...b/c of lowwr back problems ordered soundocity
    castered outriggers making it easier to move them around while locating the best position for imaging and soundstaging.

Please keep us posted.
    My system:
    Power: PS Audio P5 regenerator,
    Sources: Oppo 205, 105, Ah 4000 upsampled cdp.
    Preamps: Wyre4Sound STP SE Stage 2, Classic Mcintosh Mx110 all tubed
    tuner preamp, occasionally Emotiva XSP1 Gen 2
    Power amp: Parasound Halo A-21
    Speakers: Infinity Beta 50 cmmd (Dr Floyd Toole concept)
    Power cables: 2 Pangea AC 9SE MkII, 3 Pangea AC 14SE MkII
    Interconnects: XLR Nordost Red Dawn
    Speaker wires: Nordost Red Dawn