Hey Jax,

Glad to help. Actually, everyone on this forum has most likely had questions like these before buying.

I started as music only, then recently graduated to an Ascend home theater, with RAAL Towers, center, sides and Rythmik subwoofer (soon to be two). In pure stereo music-only mode, you will not be disappointed with the Towers bass. They outperform any speaker I've seen for the size of the speaker. In fact, the bass is much like the RAAL tweeters in that it is precise, on note, and doesn't linger or boom. I have two small Velodyne subs I was using with my prior speakers (Dahlquist DQ-10's) and I didn't use them.

My taste in music is incredibly diverse, but not especially bass-heavy. Having said that, in the music I like that does extend the bass a bit, the Towers are superb. Honestly, in my opinion, you can't touch the sound these speakers manage in anything near the price point. I haven't actually heard any speakers I like better at any price point.

That's my 2 cents. Hope it helps. If you get a pair, you won't be disappointed. Just make sure to give yourself a couple hours after you get them to let yours ears become attuned to what they are hearing.

randy