Thread: CMT 340 vs CMT 340 SE

Default CMT 340 vs CMT 340 SE

Hello all,

I'm new but have been a fan of Ascend for years. I bought a pair of CBM 170s about 12 years ago and still listen to them today. Absolutely killer sound. One of my pets damaged the woofer in both speakers, so I had those replaced about 8 years ago, and they still sound good as new. Given my love for the Ascend sound, I'm considering purchasing additional speakers to build a HT system and was hoping someone could answer my questions below.

What is the difference between the CMT 340 vs CMT 340 SE? I know the 340 is 10+ years old and the 340 SE is the newer model, but what exactly is the difference?

I am considering purchasing a pair of CMT 340s which appear to be in good condition and well cared for. I'm also curious if anyone knows how long these speakers would typically last in good environment. I know the woofer is not made of foam, so that helps the cause.

Any advice/information would be appreciated! Cheers.

Default Re: CMT 340 vs CMT 340 SE

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new but have been a fan of Ascend for years. I bought a pair of CBM 170s about 12 years ago and still listen to them today. Absolutely killer sound. One of my pets damaged the woofer in both speakers, so I had those replaced about 8 years ago, and they still sound good as new. Given my love for the Ascend sound, I'm considering purchasing additional speakers to build a HT system and was hoping someone could answer my questions below.

What is the difference between the CMT 340 vs CMT 340 SE? I know the 340 is 10+ years old and the 340 SE is the newer model, but what exactly is the difference?

I am considering purchasing a pair of CMT 340s which appear to be in good condition and well cared for. I'm also curious if anyone knows how long these speakers would typically last in good environment. I know the woofer is not made of foam, so that helps the cause.

The SE versions have upgraded tweeters and woofers.

Either version should last a long time if well taken cared of. Give Ascend a call and ask.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The SE versions have upgraded tweeters and woofers.

Either version should last a long time if well taken cared of. Give Ascend a call and ask.
    Awesome. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    Hello all,

You can read more details about the differences here: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...-340-SE-center
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com