Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for accessories

Default Re: Suggestions for accessories

I see. Thank you. I don't think I'll do Atmos.

One related question: folks have been commenting on Audyssey EQ XT32 vs just XT. For practical purposes, does XT32 make a difference i.e., better than XT? The listening area is approximately 12x15ft and it is an open layout with other space connected with the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    ...folks have been commenting on Audyssey EQ XT32 vs just XT. For practical purposes, does XT32 make a difference i.e., better than XT?
    I've had both on Denon AVRs. In my space the move to XT32 was a significant improvement.

It probably matters more in a sealed room. You're describing an open room, so it may matter less in your case.
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington

It was my understanding (impression) is Marantz is the "higher" end line in the Denon/Marantz family..similar to Integra being the "higher" end Onkyo. Whether or not there are audible differences is another question.

Denon was my first "high" end equipment, back in the late 80's. Good stuff. I still have my DP-47F turntable and works great.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    It was my understanding (impression) is Marantz is the "higher" end line in the Denon/Marantz family..similar to Integra being the "higher" end Onkyo. Whether or not there are audible differences is another question.

Denon was my first "high" end equipment, back in the late 80's. Good stuff. I still have my DP-47F turntable and works great.
    I think that too is marketing. The main difference between Integra and Onkyo now is that Integra is only available through professional installers, whereas Onkyo is more widely available. I think Accessories4Less gets Integra simply because they are refurbished.

This has been super informative for me. Thank you all.

Some of the comments lead to more questions. So I am not able to help it. Do folks have anything concrete good or bad to say about the slim-line of receivers? I noticed Integra has one in the form of DSX-3 and Marantz has some in the form of NR1x08 (x = 5, 6). They are a bit underpowered but their physical appearance is also a bit underwhelming which is a plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    This has been super informative for me. Thank you all.

Some of the comments lead to more questions. So I am not able to help it. Do folks have anything concrete good or bad to say about the slim-line of receivers? I noticed Integra has one in the form of DSX-3 and Marantz has some in the form of NR1x08 (x = 5, 6). They are a bit underpowered but their physical appearance is also a bit underwhelming which is a plus for me.
    I recently purchased this slim-line pioneer: http://a.co/8gqDLRe for use in a simple system in my home. It doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles I typically like to have - but the convenience is great and overall performance isn't bad. It was the least expensive slim-line full featured receiver I could find (blue tooth and airplay function well)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

It seems to have all the basics covered. Thank you for the suggestion.

You'll likely need a 4–6 foot analog audio cable with stereo RCA or miniplug jacks. If the TV and stereo system support HDMI connections, then be sure to pick up those cables as well. Once all the tools are available, hook up the speakers to the TV using the appropriate audio cables, and then power on the TV and speakers. Audioreputation.com site have many blogs about speakers.
    Last edited by darkside; 08-06-2018 at 03:41 PM.