Does anyone run Sierra 1 and Sierra 2 together as front mains? My receiver allows you to switch from front wide to a second set of front mains. I like this option as I have 5 origianal S1's, LCR and side surrounds. I also have a large pair of homebuilt boxes from yesteryear that are 2 way with a pair of JBL 12" on each side as my second set of mains with the S1's sitting on top of these. With the 4 12" drivers in front it helps balance out having my HSU VTF2-MK3 sub back at my listening position about 10-12 feet back. It sounds good but I would like to work the big boxes out of this system so I have a couple questions. Would running S1 and S2 both for fronts drag down the S2's or adversely affect their imaging etc. As much as I would love a set of RAAL towers with Horizon center as my last set of speakers so to speak, it looks to be out of my spending range. I am thinking of S2 upgrade kits for LCR but just running these from the front I think would leave me still longing for more low end for balance. Do you think adding another sub to the front side would cover this. If I were to go for another sub I would like to try a Rythmik, however those of you running 2 subs always say matching subs is important for best results. Anyone running a Rythmik and another non-matching sub. Sorry there's like 4 different questions in here, but just chime in with whatever feedback you have.
Thanks