Hi Everyone, just moved into a new apartment and upgraded from a Sonos Playbar.

New to the whole Hi-Fi game but have spent many nights reading about this stuff. Probably 80% TV/Movie and 20% music. After about a month of research decided to take the plunge and get the CMT-340's for L/R/C. Powered by a Denon x3400H and Rythmik L12 sub.

I know every speaker should be auditioned but I just didn't really have the time and more comfortable watching Youtube of speaker reviews. I knew I needed something a little on the larger side to fill the whole room.

My room is hardwood and 14'x18' with 10' ceilings. It's a an open floor plan with the kitchen opening up to the living room. I got a big rug to cover the floor.

Compared to the Sonos the CMT-340 can definitely go louder and you hear more of the music/show.

I did the Subwoofer Crawl thing and found the best spot for the L12 but don't really hear it that well during music or movies. It seems the CMT-340's take more of the bass. Also, my crossover is set to 80 Hz with speaker size set to Small in the Denon after running Audessy. I know the sufwoofer is working because when I play bass songs on Youtube, I can hear it then. I play everything through an Nvidia Shield. My main source of music playing is via Youtube. For movies it's Netflix and Amazon.

I guess not being an audiofile, I am not exactly sure what I am supposed to listen or hear. I did go to the local Best Buy and sample their B&W Towers at a loud setting but didn't really know if that was good or bad.

I was still planning to play with my settings further to find the "best" setup. Any recommendations on future upgrades? Also, what would you prioritize over the others?

1. Rear CMT-170 or 340's?
2. Powered Amplifier
3. Second Subwoofer L12
4. Can I buy something like the Sierra's 2 for my L/R and move the CMT-340's to the rear? Would this be timbre matched?

After reading so many forums just thought I would start posting myself and asking for advice. Cheers!

Thomas