Thread: Introduction - Brand New Rythmik Purchase

Default Introduction - Brand New Rythmik Purchase

Hey all! New member to this forum. I'm a longtime "audiophile" (as much as I dislike the connotations of that word these days) and mostly lurker on audio/video oriented forums (as well as FB groups). I took the plunge today and ordered two Rythmik L22s for my system, which is a dual purpose music/movies. I built a DIY sub about 15 years ago that many may remember using the Adire Tempest 15" in a sealed enclosure. It's served me well, but I got the itch to actually engage in some serious bass. I went with the L22s because the footprint suits my listening space and still provides serious bass extension. Can't wait to get them set up in my system.

Default Re: Introduction - Brand New Rythmik Purchase

let me know how those work out- I have plans to do the same (twin L22s) for the exact reasons. What speakers are you running them with? Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    let me know how those work out- I have plans to do the same (twin L22s) for the exact reasons. What speakers are you running them with? Have fun!
    I have Magnepan MMGs for my front (phantom center). They get delivered next Tuesday. Like a kid before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesDaddy View Post
    Hey all! New member to this forum. I'm a longtime "audiophile" (as much as I dislike the connotations of that word these days) and mostly lurker on audio/video oriented forums (as well as FB groups). I took the plunge today and ordered two Rythmik L22s for my system, which is a dual purpose music/movies. I built a DIY sub about 15 years ago that many may remember using the Adire Tempest 15" in a sealed enclosure. It's served me well, but I got the itch to actually engage in some serious bass. I went with the L22s because the footprint suits my listening space and still provides serious bass extension. Can't wait to get them set up in my system.
    Nice to hear your story! I too built a sub based on the tempest. It contained two 15 inch tempest drivers in 16 cubic foot MDF monster enclosure which I hid in the crawl space . I had a outlaw audio analog bass management device. I designed for 110db at 30 hz.

The combination of audessy and the two E15s is just fantastic however. My old Sheffield "my disk" tests are as perfect as one could imagine! No amount of LR transform, analog bass management and room placement work can match today's capability!