Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Ascend Towers

Default Re: Bigger Ascend Towers

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Are you referring to the high level speaker inputs on the F12 with A370PEQ or the low level HPF outs?
    Low level output, a while back I had a conversation with Brian and he confirmed the line out on the A370PEQ has a fixed 80Hz 12dB high pass filter build in while the low pass filter on the line in side can be either 12dB or 24dB slope depend on the setting..

I also found out there is another version of the A370PEQ offered by GR Research with modified low level line out with 100Hz -3dB q=0.6 (12dB) high pass filter, I guess it is used with the GR Research paper driver which can cross-over higher than the Rythmik aluminum cone?

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    Low level output, a while back I had a conversation with Brian and he confirmed the line out on the A370PEQ has a fixed 80Hz 12dB high pass filter build in while the low pass filter on the line in side can be either 12dB or 24dB slope depend on the setting..
    Yeah, it is a nice feature but it is being phased out. It's rarely found on subwoofers these days - much better off having the receiver, processor or an external active crossover handle the speaker HPF.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Yeah, it is a nice feature but it is being phased out. It's rarely found on subwoofers these days - much better off having the receiver, processor or an external active crossover handle the speaker HPF.
    Dave. What Rythmik would you suggest to use with either my RAAL towers or if I add the Sierra 2'S to the mix again. I would like extra power and low end on hand if needed. Audio only system in a 12x14 room.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Dave. What Rythmik would you suggest to use with either my RAAL towers or if I add the Sierra 2'S to the mix again. I would like extra power and low end on hand if needed. Audio only system in a 12x14 room.
    If budget allow, I would think F12 would work really well in your room size...

The OP iirc had gone down this path of owning S2 and Rythmik sub and why he switched to the Raal towers. Sounds as though he's at the crossroads....I hope he finds a happy medium....and i understand his desire of a full range towers for a simple 2.0 system
    Last edited by billy p; 02-21-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Since you are looking to really feel the bass - I would recommend the F15HP (sticking with sealed for better transient accuracy) You will also want to spend time on proper placement and integration -- the results will be well worth it...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
    Dave. F. What are your thoughts on an active servo sub integrated with passive mids and highs? Wouldn't you then get the best of both world? I imagine 1-2 8 inch drivers like the ones in the Rythmik F8. I think his dual driver F8's can hit your target of -3dB at 20Hz.

Since you already have a relationship with Brian Ding, just would make sense for you to integrate his drivers and amps into your passive design and you building the crossover.

Am I crazy that this might work?

BTW. 3,500K- 5K seems the right price point depending on tweeter

Hell can I dream and say 10K if you add the diamond tweeter?

Audio Nirvana 2.0
    This is actually a good option but with the popularity of Class D amplifiers, there are major compatibility issues. Class D amps typically don't have a true ground thus running a high level speaker output into another amplifier can present significant issues. It would really need to be done such that only a low-level signal feed the subwoofer section of the speaker - and then this basically rules out the 2-channel crowd, for which the speakers would mostly be designed for anyhow.

If customers stuck only with Class A or Class A/B amps -- very doable, but many consumers are not sure what type of amp they are using and Class D is quickly gaining very significant market share due to higher power at lower costs.

BTW. 3,500K- 5K seems the right price point depending on tweeter

Hell can I dream and say 10K if you add the diamond tweeter?

Audio Nirvana 2.0
    ~ $5K - $6K would be about right with integrating Rythmik active bass, but you are likely looking at $12K - $13K with the SEAS Diamond Tweeter (we are actually in the process of building a pair of towers with the diamond tweeters for a customer)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

~ $5K - $6K would be about right with integrating Rythmik active bass, but you are likely looking at $12K - $13K with the SEAS Diamond Tweeter (we are actually in the process of building a pair of towers with the diamond tweeters for a customer)
    Will you show the custom speaker on the forum and your impressions. I've been following the diamond tweeter thread.

Since you are looking to really feel the bass - I would recommend the F15HP (sticking with sealed for better transient accuracy) You will also want to spend time on proper placement and integration -- the results will be well worth it...
    Thanks a bunch. This is on my list to order soon.

Will you show the custom speaker on the forum and your impressions. I've been following the diamond tweeter thread.
    Most definitely
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com