Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Ascend Towers

Default Re: Bigger Ascend Towers

You can also try a Y cable into the sub. Mine was a little lazy to turn on in the auto mode at low volume. The Y cable took care of my issues.

I’m thinking it would also remedy your issue. You would have to re-calibrate your sub level though.
    Last edited by diesel79; 02-16-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Cool Re: Bigger Ascend Towers

Dave. F. What are your thoughts on an active servo sub integrated with passive mids and highs? Wouldn't you then get the best of both world? I imagine 1-2 8 inch drivers like the ones in the Rythmik F8. I think his dual driver F8's can hit your target of -3dB at 20Hz.

Since you already have a relationship with Brian Ding, just would make sense for you to integrate his drivers and amps into your passive design and you building the crossover.

Am I crazy that this might work?

BTW. 3,500K- 5K seems the right price point depending on tweeter

Hell can I dream and say 10K if you add the diamond tweeter?

Audio Nirvana 2.0
    Last edited by crazycuz2k; 02-16-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
    Dave. F. What are your thoughts on an active servo sub integrated with passive mids and highs? Wouldn't you then get the best of both world? I imagine 1-2 8 inch drivers like the ones in the Rythmik F8. I think his dual driver F8's can hit your target of -3dB at 20Hz.

Since you already have a relationship with Brian Ding, just would make sense for you to integrate his drivers and amps into your passive design and you building the crossover.

Am I crazy that this might work?

BTW. 3,500K- 5K seems the right price point depending on tweeter

Hell can I dream and say 10K if you add the diamond tweeter?

Audio Nirvana 2.0
    Seems to me there are a few out there doing this like DefTec Golden Ear etc. I know even Polk had it in the old LSI series. I have never listened to a tower like this. Would be interesting to hear.

I have heard the Golden Ear speakers, and like them. Plus, they aren't even servo.

If Ascend and Rythmik get together for a similar project, it might be a good marriage.

My wife wouldn't mind getting the floor space of our dual subs back.

How many of us have the freedom to place our subs in optimal locations anyway?

B.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    I have heard the Golden Ear speakers, and like them. Plus, they aren't even servo.

If Ascend and Rythmik get together for a similar project, it might be a good marriage.

My wife wouldn't mind getting the floor space of our dual subs back.

How many of us have the freedom to place our subs in optimal locations anyway?

B.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Seems to me there are a few out there doing this like DefTec Golden Ear etc. I know even Polk had it in the old LSI series. I have never listened to a tower like this. Would be interesting to hear.
    Aesthetically..you want the space back from placement of your sub(s). I get that.

But this still makes the speaker cabinet larger(you have to add the same volume/size as the sub alone. With bamboo, this is going to cost you), and doesn't offer any gains in performance over the use of separate sub(s).
    -curtis

There is no performance gain. Only a horrid headache in trying to deal with speaker placement to deal with the bass. Give me separate subs every time.

The Golden Ear Triton 2 ( the middle size) is narrower than the Ascend Towers and 15 inches deep.

I felt that my Genesis 6.1 was as easy to place and configure as separate subs. I do have Room Correction now, but I can't place my subs perfectly because I don't have a dedicated listening room, and consider my wife's feelings.

This is fun to talk about, and I'm sure that we will see more speakers with powered subs built in.

Sierra Tower w/ RAAL + subwoofer is all you need

More often than not, the ideal location for low frequency in any given room is different than the ideal locaion for mid and high frequency, so even if Dave do release a bigger tower, I would bet the overall sound of Sierra Tower w/ RAAL + a pair of subwoofers with proper placement will sound better than the bigger tower..

As far as integrate subwoofer to 2 channel setup, you can get an active cross-over like Marchand XM66...

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Naturally Rythmik subs come to mind for intrgration in a music only setup...I'd highly recommend Funk subs too.
    I am a strong advocate of utilizing high pass filter to add subwoofer to any system, never like using y-cable and send full signal to speakers

While Rythmik does have the F12 with A370PEQ which offers fixed 80Hz / 12dB HPF, IMO it is not flexible enough and I always found 24dB HPF to work better...

Other than active subwoofer cross-over, any other option would be MiniDSP...

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    While Rythmik does have the F12 with A370PEQ which offers fixed 80Hz / 12dB HPF, IMO it is not flexible enough and I always found 24dB HPF to work better...
    Are you referring to the high level speaker inputs on the F12 with A370PEQ or the low level HPF outs?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com