Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigger Ascend Towers

Default Re: Bigger Ascend Towers

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Understood, but what are you willing to give up? There are always trade offs.
    Maybe my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Understood, but what are you willing to give up? There are always trade offs.
    Well. Anytime you add bigger drivers you may have an issue with a mix in the mids. For instance my RBH Sound Towers dig really low but sound muddy compared to my Ascends. With the right person designing the speaker I feel we could get the the same tower we have now but with a lower HZ and still keep the balanced sound with the mids and RAAL ribbon. I know other brands out there offer this, but I like Ascend and what you get with the company. It would just be great to get it in a bigger Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Maybe my wife.
    LOL!

Well. Anytime you add bigger drivers you may have an issue with a mix in the mids. For instance my RBH Sound Towers dig really low but sound muddy compared to my Ascends. With the right person designing the speaker I feel we could get the the same tower we have now but with a lower HZ and still keep the balanced sound with the mids and RAAL ribbon. I know other brands out there offer this, but I like Ascend and what you get with the company. It would just be great to get it in a bigger Tower.
    I know what you want, and can’t fault you for it, I just think there is a better and more cost effective way to do it.

My setup goes down below 20hz. It’s integrated well, and I bet any blindfolded person would be hard pressed to tell me if there is a subwoofer being used. Maybe only because it goes deep.

I haven’t heard bass from any passive L/R speakers sound as good as my Rythmik.
    -curtis

If you are NOT running a sub and like myself want to “feel” the bass not just hear it
    I can see why you would want this. The Towers easily go into 100db if you want
    So there is plenty of volume so why not just add a quality sub which would be more
    Economical than if Dave had to incorporate the equivalent into a tower?
    Now if it’s just the for wow factor of an Ascend Tower with 2 12” Woofers ....yeah I’ll take pair too...lol
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

I own the Sierra RAAL towers and after buying and selling a few other brands have found out you just can't replace the over all sound of the mids and highs of these Ascends. My only wish for a perfect Ascend. Or my perfect floor speaker for that matter... Make a bigger over all Tower with 8 in drivers to dig a little deeper. This way I don't have to run a sub. My room size is 12x14 approx. So bass response is OK with the Towers but I would like more. Any chance Dave could be working on a different Tower for the future, or has he found the perfect size? Just looking for some feedback.
    Thanks
    As others have mentioned, there are always compromises. That said, just for my own curiosity - if we were able to create a larger more powerful tower speaker with deeper bass yet retained the same mids and highs performance (or at least close) -- how much would you be willing to spend?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

$3,500 - $4,000 for Ascend sound. We would love to get rid of our pair of Subs/

If you add the price of good Subs to the price of Sierra Towers.......

+1 for $3000-$4000 w/ tweeter options?

Ascend towers with big dual woofers ( 8” -10” I’m assuming) would be really, really cool. I bet the cost would be far greater than $4k thought. That seems like it would be A substantially larger cabinet and a lot more woofer especially anything bigger than a 8”. 2.0 music with RAAL tweeters would be crazy good though.
    Last edited by diesel79; 02-10-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    As others have mentioned, there are always compromises. That said, just for my own curiosity - if we were able to create a larger more powerful tower speaker with deeper bass yet retained the same mids and highs performance (or at least close) -- how much would you be willing to spend?
    4000-5000 would be my budget.. But I would go up to get all the Ascend quality. I'm tired of looking for the RIGHT speaker for me. As I said my current Ascend Towers are damn near perfect and beat out others I have tried.
    Last edited by ematthews; 02-10-2018 at 08:37 AM.

A larger Ascend tower would be fantastic. I could see 8in drivers added to the mix being perfect. 10's like a Klipsch RF 3 would be very hard to blend right.