Thread: Upside down Luna's???

Default Upside down Luna's???

Hey everyone,

Really liking my first HT system with RAAL Towers, RAAL Horizon center and Luna surrounds. The one thing I would change if I could is to turn the Luna over, put the base mount on the tweeter end. I haven't actually bought dedicated stands for my surrounds because the situation demands the surrounds be pretty close to the listening position. When I raise the bottom of the stand to be just above the back edge of my couch, the tweeter is pretty high.

Anyway, I remember Dave (I think) mentioned some time ago about turning them upside down. That would be my preferred setup. Otherwise, gotta love the sound my HT puts out. Maybe even turning them on their side might work better for me.

Default Re: Upside down Luna's???

Quote Originally Posted by randyrlee2 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Really liking my first HT system with RAAL Towers, RAAL Horizon center and Luna surrounds. The one thing I would change if I could is to turn the Luna over, put the base mount on the tweeter end. I haven't actually bought dedicated stands for my surrounds because the situation demands the surrounds be pretty close to the listening position. When I raise the bottom of the stand to be just above the back edge of my couch, the tweeter is pretty high.

Anyway, I remember Dave (I think) mentioned some time ago about turning them upside down. That would be my preferred setup. Otherwise, gotta love the sound my HT puts out. Maybe even turning them on their side might work better for me.
    Happy to hear that you are enjoying the system!

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean regarding the Luna and putting the "base mount on the tweeter end"

Can you please clarify for me? Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hey Dave,

Sorry, my communication skills seem to be lacking.

I just meant that for my situation my Luna surrounds would (I think) serve me better by having the tweeter at the base of the speaker. That would put the tweeter closest to the same level as my ears while dealing with the back of the couch, proximity, and other factors.

Of course, you are the expert, and I defer to your knowledge.

Thanks for what you, your Wife, and crew do for us.

Hey Dave,

Sorry, my communication skills seem to be lacking.

I just meant that for my situation my Luna surrounds would (I think) serve me better by having the tweeter at the base of the speaker. That would put the tweeter closest to the same level as my ears while dealing with the back of the couch, proximity, and other factors.
    you are very welcome. FYI - it is not a problem at all to flip the speaker upside down if that means getting the tweeter closer to ear-level...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

That's the rub though. Can't find a way to use the mounting system with the speaker upside down. I've been just setting them upside down on a tv tray. I would like to order a set of speaker stands and mount them so that the tweeter is on the bottom, as well as the mounting screw hole being on the bottom. Maybe a better solution would be a center Luna, IF you're going to put a mounting screw on them.

Guess I'll just keep the tv trays.

That's the rub though. Can't find a way to use the mounting system with the speaker upside down. I've been just setting them upside down on a tv tray. I would like to order a set of speaker stands and mount them so that the tweeter is on the bottom, as well as the mounting screw hole being on the bottom. Maybe a better solution would be a center Luna, IF you're going to put a mounting screw on them.

Guess I'll just keep the tv trays.
    There is nothing special with the mounting system on the Luna -- it is a typical 1/4-20 threaded insert on the bottom and a keyhole bracket on the top. If you want to flip them vertically and still use the keyhole bracket (recommended) - you simply need to unscrew the keyhole bracket, flip it vertically, and reinstall...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    There is nothing special with the mounting system on the Luna -- it is a typical 1/4-20 threaded insert on the bottom and a keyhole bracket on the top. If you want to flip them vertically and still use the keyhole bracket (recommended side dish) - you simply need to unscrew the keyhole bracket, flip it vertically, and reinstall...
    you know... this does sounds simple but for whatever the reason, i've never thought about this myself! thanks for the help. generally thanks for everything i found here! if i have any other questions, should i ask them here?
    Last edited by Cationg; 05-13-2020 at 08:59 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Cationg View Post
    you know... this does sounds simple but for whatever the reason, i've never thought about this myself! thanks for the help. generally thanks for everything i found here! if i have any other questions, should i ask them here?
    Happy to have been able to help Email is usually best for questions like these but whatever is more convenient for you is fine...

Enjoy!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com