Thread: Rythmik G25HP Dual Opposed 15" Subwoofer

Default Rythmik G25HP Dual Opposed 15" Subwoofer

Looks pretty awesome:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post55519988

Kind of like the F25 except in a shorter cabinet and with the woofers on opposite sides, it will cancel out any cabinet vibrations.

Default Re: Rythmik G25HP Dual Opposed 15" Subwoofer

I wonder if there is any loss in output compared with the F25. Enricho mentions later that the reason for going with the G25HP is that they can ship it just like the other smaller subs more inexpensively, compared to larger subs like the F25. It sounds like the amplifier is larger (because of the "HP"), yet the cabinet seems to have smaller internal volume. So maybe we end up with about the same output?

This also begs the question about a possible G28HP? I really like that new 18" driver. I'm not sure if the 18" driver is the reason for the big reduction of THD in the CEA bursts when comparing the FV15HP to the FV18, or if they just really dialed in the limiter a bit more. It just looks like the FV18 remains a bit more composed when pushed to the edge compared to the FV15HP. Not that I would be pushing either of the two subs even close to their limits. But, sealed subs, like we are discussing, can be pushed closer to the edge when watching movies, especially once you get down below 40Hz.

Yes, I think the G25HP should be very close in performance to the F25. Smaller cabinet but more power should even out. A G28HP would be awesome, but I think I saw Enrico post that it would be a very heavy sub.

These DEL subwoofers seem to have an entirely different end use than what a Rythmik subwoofer would be used for. A Rythmik subwoofer is about getting accurate sound in the home setting. The DEL subwoofers are used for large rooms, like a DJ at a wedding might get one of these. I can't recall a wedding that I have been to where I thought to myself, "this bass sounds pretty good".

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    These DEL subwoofers seem to have an entirely different end use than what a Rythmik subwoofer would be used for. A Rythmik subwoofer is about getting accurate sound in the home setting. The DEL subwoofers are used for large rooms, like a DJ at a wedding might get one of these. I can't recall a wedding that I have been to where I thought to myself, "this bass sounds pretty good".
    That poster is spammer - trying to advertise on our site....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

The G25HP is going into production next week and will have about a 4 dB more output (probably at 20Hz like Rythmik compares all of their other subs) than the F18.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post55820050

Good news! Looks to be a beast of a subwoofer!

Looks like a few of these subs are being shipped out to customers now!