Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cmt-340

I do not have a picture of the back...but here are pictures of the CMT-340 on their custom stands:

-curtis

Man, those look GOOD. I like the "Obelisk" look. Very svelte.

Are they "tippy" at all being stood on end like that? I wonder if Ascend "weighted" the bottom at all with lead/sand to keep them from tipping? Nice stands; but I wouldn't want to have to velcro the speakers on there or be afraid of bumping into them.

I do not have the stands. They are sand fillable making them very heavy, and the speaker locks to the stand.

-curtis

Wow, that's some good attention to detail. Filling the stands not only makes them heavy, but vibrationally inert. A very good thing. Locking the speakers to the stands somehow is also a good idea.

Those stands are nice looking...but for the price, I wonder if I could build ones just as good looking? Or go the metal stand route...anyway, thanks again for the pics.

How much are these stands, I didn't see them on Ascends web site. Can you use these with the 170's, if not can anyone recomend a pair of stands and where to get them. Thanks alot.

I believe the stands are around $200 a pair a little less if you buy them at the same time as the 340s..

I think they are $140/pr if you buy them with the speakers.

-curtis

I bought a pair. They are made of 1/2" MDF and are quite sturdy. You can attach a rear panel with bolts to the stands and the speakers for extra safety. In real life, they make the monitors look like tower speakers. Are they worth the price? Only you can decide. Am I keeping mine? Absolutely. Their seemless intergration with the 340s makes for a well balanced and good looking result.

picasso_04901@yahoo.com