Thread: OLED TVs

Default OLED TVs

Just to add something to this section of the forum...

The other day I got see another forum member's LG OLED C7 65" TV.

WOW!! It has ruined me for all other TVs!
    -curtis

Default Re: OLED TVs

Yes - the LG OLED's are nice. I bought one the beginning of the year -- the OLEDE6P. Awesome picture and the 3D is really good...

I am waiting for this and will probably have to wait awhile. It's likely not going to be cheap.

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/pan...0-4k-oled-2019

I have a Panasonic plasma that is 10 years old and still has a picture quality that stands out as one of the best I have seen, It's not all about resolution, the Panasonic is 1080p and it is so much better tha ,my 4k TV.

The OLEDS are a great advancement and I can't wait to see what the Panasonic does in person.

I have an LG OLED in my bedroom and I love it. It is the model with the slight curve to it.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

In a Universe far, far away, we will get a 75" OLED. It will have to be the second best available quality eventually, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    In a Universe far, far away, we will get a 75" OLED. It will have to be the second best available quality eventually, eh?
    That's the thing, when they are no longer top dog, the price drops to a level I'm happier with. It happens with everything. Cell phones. computers, TV's, todays best, becomes tomorrows middle of the road.

Problem is, I always want the best, affording it is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wnydel View Post
    That's the thing, when they are no longer top dog, the price drops to a level I'm happier with. It happens with everything. Cell phones. computers, TV's, todays best, becomes tomorrows middle of the road.

Problem is, I always want the best, affording it is the problem.
    So true, I am usually at least one generation behind since I can't bear to pay up knowing something new is almost always just around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I have an LG OLED in my bedroom and I love it. It is the model with the slight curve to it.
    Sounds like my TV! 55" LG OLED curved. It's only 1080P but still looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    If you are shopping around right now, you can likely get a 77" LG OLED for around $4000. I'm talking about the C8 series, because they are on the way out are being heavily discounted by some reputable online stores, so you could get Best Buy to price match them.

It was awfully tempting for me to jump on that deal within the past month, but I just want to wait one more year to get that price or an even better price this time next year on the C9 series. It feels like it should be future proof a bit longer than the C8 with the variable refresh rate and enhanced audio return. I've had about 12 years now on my Pioneer Kuro and it still looks amazing, but the price on OLEDs and HDR and wider color gamut is enough to surpass what it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    If you are shopping around right now, you can likely get a 77" LG OLED for around $4000. I'm talking about the C8 series, because they are on the way out are being heavily discounted by some reputable online stores, so you could get Best Buy to price match them.

It was awfully tempting for me to jump on that deal within the past month, but I just want to wait one more year to get that price or an even better price this time next year on the C9 series. It feels like it should be future proof a bit longer than the C8 with the variable refresh rate and enhanced audio return. I've had about 12 years now on my Pioneer Kuro and it still looks amazing, but the price on OLEDs and HDR and wider color gamut is enough to surpass what it can do.
    I am thinking of < $2500 for a 75 inch OLED. My day will come.
    B.