Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone running a 3.1 set up?

Default Re: Anyone running a 3.1 set up?

Well I pulled the trigger on a Horizon RAAL in natural. I called in and Dina sent me some pics of the different colors. Needless to say the natural was absolutely stunning. I’m still staring at the pic of that cabinet. Hopefully the one I saw isn’t spoken for. Im waiting to see what natural cabinets for my S2’s might cost me. I would like everything to match if I can afford it.

I’m hoping the cost for a 3.1 set up is a big step up from my 2.1 for movies. From what I’ve read the Horizon is about as good as it gets.

Looks like it will be a few weeks which is perfect. I’m gonna need the time to work on the approval from the wife. I like to live on the edge. Lol
    Last edited by diesel79; 02-02-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Default Re: Anyone running a 3.1 set up?

I use a Marantz pre pro with an Outlaw 5 channel amp with Towers and Horizon with dual subs and rear bipole surrounds. For theater I configure the speakers for 5.2 ch otherwise, I configure for 3.2

I can use the 3.2 configuration, or pure direct stereo, with or without subs.

I use all of these modes for music depending on the source. Really, all sound good. The Horizon really makes a sturdy sound stage when included for music, and an extra few dB for rocking.

B.