Thread: Which finish / color to get

Default Which finish / color to get

Hi

Looking at a future purchase of Sierra 2 (LCR), followed by potentially either the HTM-200 for surrounds, or maybe Lunas.

But not sure what finish to get.

I am trying to get probably the darkest finish I can get. I use the room for projector movie watching, and try to avoid brighter color objects.

I have to be honest, my walls are still white, but I do have a lot of black velvet fabric to mask the front stage, and half of the ceiling, so doing my best.

That said, when I briefly had the Sierra 1, they were I think Piano Black, and I did not really like it, too glossy, easily gets finger prints and dust .. at least I don't think it was a good match for my environment.

So after Piano Black, which finish would you recommend as the darkest ?

Is there a web page with pictures of the different options ?
    If I am to eventually get the Lunas, then I guess ideally I would like it to be an option that would be available for both the S2 and Lunas.

Default Re: Which finish / color to get

Never mind, just noticed there is a gallery page with the different finish options available for the Sierra 2s.

Looks like the Satin Espresso is the darkest (after Piano Black), though the Satin Dark Cherry looks really nice too. Not sure what they look like in real life, it may be tough to decide.

I suggest you give Ascend Acoustics a call and discuss your options with Dina. She guided me through the finish selection choices and process quickly and easily. Wife agreed with her recommendation and LOVED the finish when our speakers arrived. Good luck!

I have the Satin Espresso and it looks fantastic. Dark, not glossy. Perfect.

I've had the Sierra 2s for a few years now in satin cherry and they are nice for sure. Then I got the Lunas in satin espresso and I think if I had to do it all over again, I would have done the Sierras in espresso as well. Both are great though.

My personal opinion on black is...well, boring. These cabinets are so nice that it seems a travesty to order black so they look like every other speaker out there.
    Video: JVC RS540 w/Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH / HDFury Vertex 2 w/Dolby Vision
    Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
    7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Ex (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
    2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
    4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
    Theater Pics / Desktop

Satin Expresso FTW!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12