Thread: Another digital camera thread

We own both the S100 and S400. In general I have been quite happy with them, but they certainly aren't perfect. While most people dont' care, I like something with really good macro capability (shooting within inches of an object) and the Canons aren't as good at that as some others (like Olympus).

I love the size and durability, and they take very good pictures the vast majority of the time. If you're shooting in really dark large rooms, the flash might not be enough, but that is true of most point-and-shoot cameras.

The included software is pretty good. I like their panorama camera feature and software. I have made some nice pictures with that.

If you want to do a lot of research, checkout http://dpreview.com/

-curtis

smokey is offline Forum Founder
    Volunteer Administrator

Thanks guys. Brad, do you ever use the video functions? I work with some hardcore video pros and they rave about the SD110. I saw some clips that were very impressive, but do you think it's actually useful in practice?

-Smokey.

Thanks, the Management.

Smokey,

I do use the video function from time to time on the S400. It works fairly well except it doesn't adjust exposure mid-recording. If you point it at the sun and start, then move it away, it won't adapt. In a consistently lit environment, it does a good job.