Hi, I have Sierra towers with ribbons and a Horizon with ribbon in our great room and they've been great for 3.1. I also have Sierra 2 ribbons in another room.

Now the challenge is with a 13x16 new room with 11' ceilings, carpet & drywall construction. It will be a Home Theater with a projector system but I want great audio also.

The biggest challenge is that there will be a 110” screen that is 8’ wide and will be 32 to 36” off the floor on the front wall. That means that the center channel will be below the screen height, probably on a 24” stand. However, the L/R speakers either need to be below 36” to the top, or else to the side of the screen where there’s only 3’ between the screen and the wall.

I've tried the Sierra 2's in the room, by the way, and they just don't seem to cut it at loudish volumes for music- think Van Morrison/Joni Mitchell material. I may use those for rears in a 5.1 configuration.

So, if I go Ascend in this room, for optimal 2.1 listening, would I be better off with 3 Horizons, which could be away from the walls but under the screen? Or with a Horizon and two towers close to the side walls? I do plan to eventually get to 2 x 15" Rhythmic sealed subs.

I do have the flexibility to put the speakers anywhere in the room including way out from the walls, and can do room treatments as well - WAF has been abdicated for this room ;-)

Appreciate thoughts on this one!

-Dick L.

IMG_1200.JPG