Thread: New Sierra 2 Owner - WOW!

Default New Sierra 2 Owner - WOW!

Hi all,

I just received my new Sierra-2 LCR's about an hour ago. All I can say is WOW!

They are replacing an NHT SuperZero 2.1, Super Center 2.1 across the fronts for my HT/Music setup. (Still a great sounding system)

They are also the final piece of the puzzle in my credit card busting journey to a 4k/HDR system.

I've recently added the following:

LG OLED65 C7P
    2x RSL Speedwoofer 10s subs
    4x RSL C34E in ceiling speakers (using them for rear surrounds and front presence/atmos)
    Sierra 2 Left-Right-Center
    Sony UDP-X800 4k player
    Roku Ultra
    (Apple TV 4k under the tree for Dolby Vision content)
    Powered by a Yamaha Rx-A1060 AVR

I set them up, ran YPAO and quickly listened to a couple of tracks. Had to tweak some of the settings from the room correction but even with just a rudimentary setup they sound fantastic. Revealing almost to a fault. I was listening to "Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley" and could hear her fretting her strings on the fret board of her guitar making a slight "click" with each fingering. Absolutely amazing! Another track I use to check subwoofer integration is Lee Ritenour's rendition of the classic Wes Montgomery tune "Boss City" on "Wes Bound". Crossed over at 80hz it sounded seamless to me. Then finally a quick listen to Steve Morse's "Ghostwind" from his album "High Tension Wires", the opening acoustic chords were sublime.

Currently cycling my Christmas playlist at low volume while I try to finish "working" today heh.

Very excited to be stepping up to this level of audio bliss.

Michael-

IMG_1619.jpgIMG_1622.jpgIMG_1621.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mwong61; 12-14-2017 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Images fixed!

Default Re: New Sierra 2 Owner - WOW!

Excellent looking setup. Might want to consider sliding the center out to the end of the stand though, to help with acoustics.

Yup, did that soon after I posted the pics, thanks!

Merry Christmas to all!

M-

Great looking system!

We know the Ascends are great speakers....

....but yesterday I got to see a LG C7 TV....WOW!!
    -curtis

Yes, the LG OLEDs are really something with the right content.

So my latest upgrade is a pair of Rhythmik L12’s to go with my Ascends.

Can’t wait to get them!

My RSL Speedwoofers will be re-purposed to my bedroom and office.

M-

Quote Originally Posted by mwong61 View Post
    Hi all,

I just received my new Sierra-2 LCR's about an hour ago. All I can say is WOW!

They are replacing an NHT SuperZero 2.1, Super Center 2.1 across the fronts for my HT/Music setup. (Still a great sounding system)

They are also the final piece of the puzzle in my credit card busting journey to a 4k/HDR system.

I've recently added the following:

LG OLED65 C7P
    2x RSL Speedwoofer 10s subs
    4x RSL C34E in ceiling speakers (using them for rear surrounds and front presence/atmos)
    Sierra 2 Left-Right-Center
    Sony UDP-X800 4k player
    Roku Ultra
    (Apple TV 4k under the tree for Dolby Vision content)