Thread: lack of warmth

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default lack of warmth

ok so let me first say that I love the airy quality of the RAAL tweeter on the Sierra 2's. I had a pair of 1's with NRT that i really liked but then upgraded to 2's based primarily upon the reviews I read online. I instantly fell in love with the light sound of the tweeter on the 2's if that makes sense. I felt that the bass on the 2's was a bit less full than the 1's but that was to be expected. However, I have had the 2's for about a year now and I feel like there is a bit of warmth missing from them (can't describe what i mean by warmth other than "fullness"). I grew up listening to my parents Marantz Stereo 18 receiver and B&W 110's which i thought had tremendous warmth to the setup even when used in a fairly large cathedral type living room. I really love the spine tingling feel the 2's can produce with the right music (mostly listen to classical, jazz, etc) but think there is a fullness that is simply missing. I am in an apartment and cannot run a sub, but don't believe that would solve what i'm missing. Set up is Anthem MRX-300 with room correction, Sony HAP-S1 (mostly hi-res files). Carpeting in approx 40% of the living room which is about 15ft wide by 18 feet deep. Speakers are about 8 inches from the wall on sand filled stands. thoughts? If not an issue with set-up is there another pair of speakers anyone can recommend?
    Last edited by jkwechsler; 12-09-2017 at 05:03 PM.