Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Which center? Luna, S2, or Horizon?

Default Re: Which center? Luna, S2, or Horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazb0t View Post
    Any idea when we can expect part 5? Is it the final chapter in this story?
    5a, 5b, and of course 5c (c for conclusion). Of course that's only guesswork/speculation, only the intrepid speaker designer here knows for sure. It is pretty excruciating waiting for the results of this examination, and I'm sure there is much curiosity in the results of the SQ after the tweaks that have been made. I expect all of those good things will come in their own time.

I would like to admit that after Dave's modified measuring exercises that Amir's Klippel results were fully vetted, as I had assumed in my post where I quoted SunByrne. As you've insisted, it is verification that his objective results are exactly what the Klippel NFS is measuring. Still doesn't change my opinion about the subjective side of his reviews, but I do recognize that subjective opinions about SQ often vary far and wide.

Jay

[QUOTE=davef;66348]Part 5 (conclusion)

Introducing the Luna V2 and Duo V2
    …..

As a satisfied customer (pair of Sierra-2 speakers), potential buyer of a pair of Lunas and a Duo speaker, and retired scientist, I feel compelled to just say this: Dave, I believe you may have set a new standard for transparency in product design and continued development. Congratulations and best wishes for good health and continued success.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Part 5 (conclusion)

Congrats on the purchase Dave! You really made me look foolish for fearing you may have been going in a different direction! I'm very happy with how you ended up handling this situation and I'm excited for the v2 version of the Lunas. They may have to become my new surrounds. Looking forward to future projects!
    Last edited by Shazb0t; 09-01-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Agreed. Congrats on the purchase Dave! You really made me look foolish for fearing you may have gone a different direction here! I'm very happy with how you ended up handling this substation and I'm excited for the v2 version of the Lunas. They may have to become my new surrounds. Looking forward to future projects!
    I really don't see how or why you would have thought he'd go another direction. I didn't get that at all reading this thread and I think some of your comments are misplaced and influenced by the empassioned replies from a couple other members here. Dave seems genuinely concerned and sincerely tackled the issue, even through some serious injuries. You assuming anything else seems unfounded to me.

Btw Dave, glad to see you recovering! I've broken a couple of ribs and it's the most pain I've gone through over an extended period of time. I didn't puncture any lungs tho! Holy crap.

Congrats on the purchase Dave! You really made me look foolish for fearing you may have been going in a different direction! I'm very happy with how you ended up handling this situation and I'm excited for the v2 version of the Lunas. They may have to become my new surrounds. Looking forward to future projects!
    Also looking forward to what the future brings at Ascend!

Me, too.

Dave F - will the v1 Luna / Duo be upgradeable to V2? I'm assuming no.

Hope the recovery is going well!

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Me, too.

Dave F - will the v1 Luna / Duo be upgradeable to V2? I'm assuming no.

Hope the recovery is going well!
    I'm wondering if there will be a price increase on V2 and/or a sale on V1 Lunas/Duos.

I have Luna V1s as surrounds and have been happy with them, but might be interested in upgrading the cabinets/crossovers depending on the cost/availability.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I'm wondering if there will be a price increase on V2 and/or a sale on V1 Lunas/Duos.

I have Luna V1s as surrounds and have been happy with them, but might be interested in upgrading the cabinets/crossovers depending on the cost/availability.
    Do you notice any shortcomings now? While Dave has noted an improved fr I suspect the difference won't be huge unless you're using them nearfield and/or full range.

[QUOTE=bobola;66551]
    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Part 5 (conclusion)

…..

As a satisfied customer (pair of Sierra-2 speakers), potential buyer of a pair of Lunas and a Duo speaker, and retired scientist, I feel compelled to just say this: Dave, I believe you may have set a new standard for transparency in product design and continued development. Congratulations and best wishes for good health and continued success.
    Thank you, that really means a lot.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post

Price increases on just about every product is inevitable at this point. Material costs are skyrocketing right now with no relief in sight. Add to that massive increases in transportation and labor costs - our already thin margins are not sustainable at this point.

Yes, there will be some price increases, but this is not due to the V2 versions. V2 versions do cost us a bit more to manufacture but we can and are willing to absorb that increased production cost.

Upgrading Luna / Duo to the new V2 standard will be available. I haven't worked out the details for this just yet, but if there is a cost - it will be extremely reasonable. Thankfully, there are no cabinet changes from V1 to V2.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com