Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Which center? Luna, S2, or Horizon?

Default Re: Which center? Luna, S2, or Horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by djDANNY View Post
    First of all, didn’t know about the accident so hoping the best for you and your recovery.

Second, 5 parts??? Not gonna lie I’m getting a bit excited where this is going.
    Thanks for your kind words. Not really sure how many parts I will break it up into, wanted to make sure I reserve enough space though
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Wow Dave! Yikes. I’m glad you avoided surgery and are expected to make a full recovery! Not the ideal way to spend a summer…..on top of fighting for employees most likely as well.

I did not go though this entire thread, but after reading few comments about ASR, I would like to express a bit of my experience. In my recent speaker search, I did see ASR review pop up as part of the search on Internet, but based on my experience on other gears I purchased and comments floating around about what Amir and ASR's review show on those products, I purposely skip their review since I have completely lost confidence in their ability to show anything fair "objectively" about their measurment or review.

After discussed with few people I trust greatly about Ascend speakers, and inputs from Dave, including a short time couple weeks ago while he was in great discomfort but still willing to answer my phone call, I placed an order for a pair of Towers, a pair of S2EXs, and a Horizon to show my
    confidents in Ascend's products that they will meet or exceed my expectations, and feel even more comfortable that the entire Ascend team will stand behind their products.

I feel bad reviving this topic, I had no clue that Dave had been injured, I wish you the best, and hope you experience a full recovery.

I can only imagine how someone of unquestionable character must feel when strangers are saying unkind things, seems to be a common theme all too often in these times. My wife has experienced similar issues as a monkey owner whom has posted videos of how she cares for, and feeds all natural, whole foods, and still attracts haters that make unimaginably cruel attacks against her. As a result she no longer posts monkey content on social media.

I surely had to bite my tongue when I read the ridiculous comments posted on ASR. Someone had commented about the sibilance of ribbon tweeters, I remember thinking that poor soul must have terribly damaged hearing. It's the nature of the beast when anyone can say anything from the anonymity of their keyboard.

Jay

Dave, my wishes as well for a speedy and full recovery.

I echo the sentiments above - Dave, Dina, and the Ascend Team demonstrate highest level of integrity and ethics, take the time to understand customer needs, and deliver excellent products. Pleasure to do business with. Key reasons I've bought multiple speakers from them and at top of my list for any future speaker purchases.

Most of my equipment now comes from people/companies with similar principles - Brian/Enrico at Rythmik, Mark/Nick at Rogue, and Mat at VPI as a few examples.

Dave - sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you're recovering...and grateful that you were wearing a helmet! Looking forward to the rest of your posts in this interesting thread.

Dave, so sorry to hear about your accident but am glad that you are recovering and it wasn't more serious! Regardless of measurements, the bottom line for any audio gear is how it sounds. I love my 2EX's and it makes no difference to me how they measure. I just assume the measurements must be very good because of the way they sound.

My goodness, Dave, please rest up and get well! I had kidney surgery this summer and that has a long recovery time so I know how difficult and frustrating that can be. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Big thanks for all of the well wishes! Every day a little more progress and just this afternoon I maxed out the spirometer I need to use to exercise my lungs. From struggling to reach 1000 on it 5 weeks ago, to now over 4000 with little pain.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, if you ever need a retirement job I suggest being an author. Part 2 was great… the suspense and build up is killing me