Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 222324252627

Thread: Which center? Luna, S2, or Horizon?

Default Re: Which center? Luna, S2, or Horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by D33vious View Post
    My question to you would be have you heard anything "off" about your Duo? From how you have described the speaker I would guess not.
    Nope, haven't heard anything off, very seamless blend with the 2EXs. That said, I use XT32.

I am happy to report that LunaV2 and DuoV2 kits are now available for purchase. We expect to start shipping these out by this coming Monday (May 23rd).

We have priced these kits to cover the costs of the components and shipping, there is no profit so please get your orders in quickly before we change our minds

https://ascendacoustics.com/collections/upgrades

Remember, you will need 1 kit per speaker.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by XEagleDriver View Post
    Dave,
    Thanks for the news, dedication and product support.
    1) Will you be posting here, or on website, comparison plots showing Luna and Duo originals vs their v2 Kippel results?
    2) Is there a place that describes the contents of the Luna/Duo upgrade kit?
    - From the website picture it looked to me to be: a new x-over, batting (?) and port plug(s).
    Thanks,
    XEagleDriver
    Thanks for your nice comments!

We will be posting LunaV2 and DuoV2 NFS measurements when we update the Luna and Duo product pages (coming soon) That stated, I have already published detailed comparison measurements somewhere on this forum (getting hard for me to keep track)

Contents of each kit is posted on the kit page under Description.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave,
    Thanks for news, dedication and product support.
    1) Do you plan to post comparison plots showing original vs v2 Kippel results?
    Wasn't planning on reposting this, as stated previously - this info was already posted here and in tremendous detail.

2) Is there a difference between a port "plug" and a port "dampener" or is it semantics?
    A port plug seals a port, eliminating air-flow and dramatically reducing bass output. Our dampeners absorb resonance while still allowing air-flow.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks,
    I apologize for double post, Tapatalk edit attempt got the better of me ☹️

Are the Sierra center measurements posted on the website done with the speaker on its side and the tweeter rotated, or are they vertical like the regular bookshelf L/R? Have you done any measurements with the speakers on their side with a rotated tweeter?
    Thanks!

I'd like to know where does the new 340SE2 fit into all of this? I just mean in terms as a center. I know you wouldn't get it if you have a Sierra speaker. Just as a center channel. How does it sound compared to the Sierra line?
    Last edited by MDinno; 12-13-2022 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    I'd like to know where does the new 340SE2 fit into all of this? I just mean in terms as a center. I know you wouldn't get it if you have a Sierra speaker. Just as a center channel. How does it sound compared to the Sierra line?
    It really depends on which Sierra line speaker you are comparing it to and what performance characteristics are most important to you. Both Luna and Duo are designed for small spaces, the 340SE2 center is a monster in size compared to these 2 speakers.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com