Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Which center? Luna, S2, or Horizon?

Default Re: Which center? Luna, S2, or Horizon?

I actually don't use it for music listening much anymore. It's a multi purpose room (sound isolated, treated, etc.). I'm using it for drum rehearsal (mine) some demo recording (daughter's) and I'm planning to build a dedicated vocal booth as am starting that type of work post-retirement.
    I find I listen to most of my music via my HT receiver in my living room, and want to put my best speakers in place for both HT and music. The old Polk setup just isn't doing it for me!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The midrange driver is an added bonus, but I would say that don't expect it to be a night/day difference with the Sierra-2 in terms of dialogue. The Sierra-2 is also great with dialogue and vocals.

...with HTM-200SEs as surrounds would be excellent. That's what I have.
    How well do they timber match with the 2's?

Quote Originally Posted by Stump909 View Post
    How well do they timber match with the 2's?
    Extremely well.

All of Ascend’s speakers have good timbre match. I would like to try a pair of Lunas though.
    -curtis

I'm with Curtis on this one. I find it odd to have the output capabilities of the center channel to exceed the main speakers. I would say to go with a Sierra 2 or a Luna, if space for the center channel speaker is tight. The best option being a Sierra 2 center.

I could see a case for going with towers for left and right speakers and then maybe saving on the center a bit and just going with a Sierra 2. But, if the system is used for movies, why not just spend the little bit of extra money at the point and get full range speakers across the front. Sometimes the center channel can get hit with huge dynamic swings like in the mains, so it is best that their output capabilities are matched.

I already know I will purchase the MTM luna center.. just waiting for it to be manufactured.

Now that the Luna center is actually out? Luna or 2ex?

Quote Originally Posted by msound View Post
    Now that the Luna center is actually out? Luna or 2ex?
    For center channel duty between the Duo center and Sierra-2EX, for most installations I would recommend the new Duo.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    For center channel duty between the Duo center and Sierra-2EX, for most installations I would recommend the new Duo.
    I'm surprised. Can you describe why?

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    I'm surprised. Can you describe why?
    The smaller woofers provide for wider dispersion and the driver orientation of the Duo provides for symmetrical dispersion both horizontally and vertically.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Good input. I'm struggling with a similar decision and the Luna Duo solves most of the problems, except for my old ears. Thanks for the feedback. Like to hear from some users who have the Duo, especially used with the Sierra 2's or 2EX's.
    5.1.2 A/V, Elac debut 5.2 L/C/R, Polk in-wall/in-ceiling, Yam RX-A660, Sony X700 Blu-Ray, Sam 65" QLED, Def Tech 600 sub (next to upgrade). 80% HT. Considering upgrade to improve movie/TV dialog.