Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Schiit DAC

Default Re: Anyone using Schiit DAC

Quote Originally Posted by vicky View Post
    So u mean my processor needs to convert the DAC analog output back to digital to do bass management and then convert it again to analog using its internal DAC ?
    Exactly
    -curtis

For my headphones-only system I have an Onkyo C-7030 CD player going to a Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC then on to a Schiit Asgard headphone amp. My favorite headphones are the Denon AHD2000 and the HiFiMan HE-400 planar-magnetics (older blue model).

The sound from this little system is simply fantastic. I love it and it makes me smile every single time I put my headphones on. The Schiit products are wonderful. Bang for the buck is just off the charts with their gear.

So if you're interested in a Schiit DAC I say go for it! Amazing sound, very fair price, and built like a tank.

Using the Schiit Yggdrasil Dac with my RAAL towers! Strongly recommend this setup and their products. Again, dacs don’t make dramatic differences but every little bit helps

Happy holidays to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Using the Schiit Yggdrasil Dac with my RAAL towers! Strongly recommend this setup and their products. Again, dacs don’t make dramatic differences but every little bit helps
    And you have a nice preamp too.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    And you have a nice preamp too.
    It’s not bad

Exactly
    True, unless you’re using analog bass management. I can think of two integrated amplifiers that do that...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
    True, unless you’re using analog bass management. I can think of two integrated amplifiers that do that...
    Hey David!!
    Good seeing you on the board!

Agreed, but vicky seems to be looking to use the Yamaha DSP A1 receiver, which I don't think has analog bass management.
    -curtis

Hey David!!
    Good seeing you on the board!

Agreed, but vicky seems to be looking to use the Yamaha DSP A1 receiver, which I don't think has analog bass management.
    Hey, Curtis. Hope you are well. You’re absolutely right about this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
    Hey, Curtis. Hope you are well. You’re absolutely right about this situation.
    Thank you Curtis and DavidD. I never thought about this. You guys saved me from doing pointless upgrades.

So using any DAC or pre/pro with DSP A1 would not be very useful as dsp a1 doesn't have any analog bypass mode or analog bass management.

i think i should get all separates.

Not sure if a good pre/pro (with built in dac) + amp would be a better solution OR just get all separate (dac, pre, amp)

Thank you all.

I now have very high confidence on Schiit.

I think i will have to get rid of DSP A1 as it doesn't have analog bypass or bass management.

I am planning to get separates - DAC+PRE+AMP(maybe all SCHIIT ?) OR PRE/PRO+AMP (xmc1+xpa-3 gen 2 ?).