Thread: Anyone running a 3.1 set up?

Default Anyone running a 3.1 set up?

Anyone run a 3.1 set up? Currently running a 2.1 with Sierra 2’s and a JL Audio E112.

I’m slowly working into my 5.2 (or more) system. Eventually looking at going with towers up from so contemplating going with a RAAL Horizon vs another S2. Need to save more if I go the Horizon route.

Or just keep saving and buy it all at once is another option if 3.1 isn’t a good option.

On another note, I never listen to piano music. The past few days I’ve been listening to a piano Christmas music channel on Pandora. Daaaang these S2’s sound nice with piano music!

A 5.2 or 7.2 Sierra RAAL system would be unreal.
    Last edited by diesel79; 12-23-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Default Re: Anyone running a 3.1 set up?

I do. I have the towers and horizon with RAAL in my family area. I keep toeing with the idea to add Lunas to make it a 5.1 but since this is a mostly music system and I run it in 2.1 mode, I dont know if I will ever pull the trigger on Lunas.
    Yep. Piano, strings ( cello, violin, guitar ) all sound very realistic on this system.

I use a psa s1500 in this system which packs a punch for kid's movies with bass when needed. Movies like The Plolar Express, charlie and chocolate factory too have lots of good bass in them.

What mode do you run it in for movies to get center channel routed the correct way? Or is it pretty much a 3 channel stereo type of thing?

Does the Horizon put out sound if you have the receiver in 2 channel stereo?

Dolby mode routes the surround channels too to Left and Right channels which is what we mostly use. Sometimes it is Multi CH IN mode and a few times use Multi channel mode which plays the same sound through all 3 speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    Anyone run a 3.1 set up? Currently running a 2.1 with Sierra 2’s and a JL Audio E112.

I’m slowly working into my 5.2 (or more) system. Eventually looking at going with towers up from so contemplating going with a RAAL Horizon vs another S2. Need to save more if I go the Horizon route.

Or just keep saving and buy it all at once is another option if 3.1 isn’t a good option.

On another note, I never listen to piano music. The past few days I’ve been listening to a piano Christmas music channel on Pandora. Daaaang these S2’s sound nice with piano music!

A 5.2 or 7.2 Sierra RAAL system would be unreal.
    Iíd either stick with a Sierra 2 center, if you are happy with them as your mains, or if you want more output capabilities, then move the Sierra 2s into the surround position and get horizon/towers up front. I guess if you wanted to go with the towers up front then, it might make sense to use the horizon temporarily as you are saving up for the towers up front. I donít see any reason for the output capabilities of the center to exceed the mains.