Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for some feedback

Default Re: Looking for some feedback

here is head on front view. Not sure I like it as detail gets washed out a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

For the sierra line:
    - towers, horizon, sierra 1, sierra 2 and luna
    I would like to see them all side by side in ascending order of size to get a perspective of each, maybe the tower in the center then on stands surrounding the tower would be the smaller ones. If you are going that far, may as well pop the subs in on the ends, both the 12's and 15's.

I know when I was by and saw the Luna next to the Sierra 2's, I was shocked how small they are.

Probably the same type of product family shot for the CM, CB & HT.

This would give a good perspective of what would fit best into the aesthetics (sp?) of my house.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Attached are 4 views of the domestic satin espresso Sierra-2. Domestic meaning these are the cabinets made here in the US that aren't yet listed on our website.

With our forthcoming new website, we plan on using these same 4 views for every speaker.

I think they look great but we are looking for some feedback, comments etc before we commit to these views...

Thanks!
    Dave,
    Is there a reason all of the pictures have the right front corner toward the viewer? I find the pictures of the subs having more appeal because of their placing the left corner toward the viewer. Perhaps, because we read left to right so, we look to the left automatically first even though it is a picture and not words.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil+WAF View Post
    Dave,
    Is there a reason all of the pictures have the right front corner toward the viewer? I find the pictures of the subs having more appeal because of their placing the left corner toward the viewer. Perhaps, because we read left to right so, we look to the left automatically first even though it is a picture and not words.
    No real reason, other than using the same angles we previously used for the Sierra-2 pictures and many others on our site. I always felt the images Paradigm used on their website looked good and they use the same angle etc.

It is not a problem for us to horizontally flip the view, I will compare both options and get some feedback from the graphic designer pro who has been assisting us.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, what about those interactive views you can rotate 360* that allow the viewer to see the item from any angle they desire? Is that difficult to implement? Would picture quality be compromised?
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Dave, what about those interactive views you can rotate 360* that allow the viewer to see the item from any angle they desire? Is that difficult to implement? Would picture quality be compromised?
    I Have considered this and it is something we may implement in the future. It is quite time consuming to get this right and also slows down the website as all images must be pre-loaded, but we may give it a go sometime in the future.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Personally, I like the original views and the straight on frontal shot to me doesn't do justice to the beauty of the cabinet. That said, I find the pictures a bit dark which fails to capture the detail in a woofer which is truly something to look at. Not to insult the photographer (my wife is one so I know to watch my words) but a bit more attention to lighting would really make them pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
    ...a bit more attention to lighting would really make them pop.
    Yes, this. Here's the thing about photography: it doesn't have to be documentary. IOW, just because the thing is black in real life doesn't mean it has to be black in a photograph. If you want people to see it, you have to pull the value up from black into the dark gray range where the human eye/brain visual system can discern texture and detail.

Absolutely the best way to do this is with lighting. The massive softboxes used in your examples are like what you'd use to light a young beauty's face for the cover of Vogue. The problem here is that your speakers aren't human faces. IMHO it's rather silly to treat them as if they are.

Your speaker photographs would almost certainly benefit from more directional lighting that can show some texture and detail.

What your photographer needs (what all photographers need, and that includes me; my 2nd edition copy is well worn) is a copy of Hunter and Fuqua's Light Science & Magic, the best book on photographic lighting I've ever found.
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington