Thread: Extend time for authenticated users

Question Extend time for authenticated users

The current time seems to be ~10 minutes before the website will automatically log you out. I find that distracting when posting to the forum as it may take me awhile to find links, photos, etc to support my post. While it is nice the site saves the message, it does take time and clicks to log back in and reload the page to recover the message before sending.

If you could consider expanding this to say an hour, would that break any rules or create performance issues? That would definitely encourage me (and likely others) to spend more time on the forum and join in the conversation where appropriate.

Thanks!!
    Horizon w/RAAL L/C/R, Lunas side surround, Sierra2s rear, Polk Audio MC80 x4 Atmos, Ultimax-18 sealed subs x2 all driven by Denon AVR-X6500H, Monolith 7X and Behringer NU6000DSP

Default Re: Extend time for authenticated users

Sneetch, try clearing your browser cookies and see if that makes a difference. I'm not sure this is a site configuration issue as I remain logged in for days at a time.

Default Re: Extend time for authenticated users

Quote Originally Posted by Sneetch View Post
    The current time seems to be ~10 minutes before the website will automatically log you out. I find that distracting when posting to the forum as it may take me awhile to find links, photos, etc to support my post. While it is nice the site saves the message, it does take time and clicks to log back in and reload the page to recover the message before sending.

If you could consider expanding this to say an hour, would that break any rules or create performance issues? That would definitely encourage me (and likely others) to spend more time on the forum and join in the conversation where appropriate.

Thanks!!
    Sneetch, I don't believe what you are experiencing is related to the forum software. To remain logged in, you must allow cookies in whatever browser you are using and hit the little "remember me" checkbox when entering your username and password.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com