Couple of months back I purchased Sierra-2 speakers and I have paired them with Yamaha RX-A1040 receiver . The speakers have been eq'ed using Yamaha's YPAO room correction program. When I listen to music using 2 Ch Stereo mode, it sounds great however after about 45 mins to 1 hr of listening to music I get ear fatigue. I had also tried Sierra-1. Sierra-1 with my AVR sounded way too bright. Just after 5-10 mins to listening music my ears would start hurting. Everyone says that Ascend speakers reproduce the sound faithfully with coloring them. This implies that the Yamaha is making the Ascends sound bright.

Based on what I have read on the net and forums Yamaha AVR's tend to sound bright. One option would be to turn off YPAO room correction, which I have done and I'm evaluating it currently. However I don't want to turn off YPAO, the speakers sound better with the YPAO turned on . Yamaha gives the ability to edit the room corrections it makes. So in order to reduce the brightness, can I dial down the gains the YPAO has made at high frequencies? Is it as simple as that or do I have to make any other changes to the setup. I have attached the corrections done by Yamaha , hope you are able to view those. The images were resized to comply with the forum image size requirements. If they are too small to view ,then bigger sized images can be viewed using the link below

RX-A1040 Room Corrections

Center_resized.jpg

FLeft_resized.jpg

FRight_resized.jpg