Thread: Are Sierra-2's wall mountable?

Default Are Sierra-2's wall mountable?

As the title says, wondering if I can put the Sierra-2's on wall (not flush) instead of on stands?

Default Re: Are Sierra-2's wall mountable?

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    As the title says, wondering if I can put the Sierra-2's on wall (not flush) instead of on stands?
    Yes. You could either sit them on shelves or get speaker wall mounts rated for at least 20lbs.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Most definitely... We have many customers wall mounting the Sierra-2. Here is a link to brackets we recommend:

http://a.co/gl3tYYY

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Is the threaded insert on the back of the Sierra-2 strong enough for use with wall mounts that would allow more range in vertical angle? An example is the Axiom Full Metal Bracket which is rated for up to 40 lbs.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/full-metal-bracket

Quote Originally Posted by rkj001 View Post
    Is the threaded insert on the back of the Sierra-2 strong enough for use with wall mounts that would allow more range in vertical angle? An example is the Axiom Full Metal Bracket which is rated for up to 40 lbs.

I don't think so. That threaded insert is simply to attach the speaker to a stand so that it isn't knocked over.
    Nate

Due to the weight of the Sierra-2 and the depth of the cabinet (which creates tremendous torque on the insert) - I generally do not recommend using that threaded insert for wall mounting. I recommend using side clamping brackets for wall mounting Sierra-2.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Due to the weight of the Sierra-2 and the depth of the cabinet (which creates tremendous torque on the insert) - I generally do not recommend using that threaded insert for wall mounting. I recommend using side clamping brackets for wall mounting Sierra-2.
    OK, thanks. I know my setup is really not ideal, but both the prewiring and the layout of my house (and WAF) requires me to mount my front left and right speakers high up on the wall, so I need to be able to angle the speakers down vertically on the order of 20 to 25 degrees. Most of the clamping style mounts that I have seen have a limited vertical angle less than 10 degrees. Please let me know if you aware of any mounts that have enough vertical angle range for my application. I suppose if it could both clamp and secure using the threaded insert, it should be pretty stable?

I guess I am also debating between the Sierra-2 and the Luna for front left/right. I think you have previously indicated that the Luna is light enough and small enough to wall mount using its threaded insert? My application would include an LFE subwoofer crossed over at 80 Hz. I think several people have mentioned that the performance of the Sierra-2 and the Luna are very close with a sub crossed at 80 Hz. Perhaps Luna makes more sense for my particular application. I am upgrading from Axiom M2's. I am also considering SVS Ultra Bookshelf and NHT C-3.

Another issue is then a compatible center speaker to go along with the left and right fronts that will fit in my desired location which is limited to a height of about 8.5 inches and a width of about 28 inches. I currently have an Axiom VP150. I am interested in three way designs like the Sierra Horizon, but there is no way I can accommodate the Horizon's height. I also like the looks of the SVS Ultra Center and the NHT C-LCR, which would both fit. Are you still working on a Luna MTM center? I imagine that will be pretty tiny compared to the VP150? I would want the complete L/C/R setup to all be from one vendor with the same voicing, etc.

Just use the Sierra-2 Center. It is an excellent center channel.
    -curtis

Does anyone know of any wall mounts that would work with Sierra-2 and safely allow the speakers to be tilted down up to 25 degrees? I am imagining some sort of clamping style that also supports securing to the back of the Sierra-2 using its threaded insert.

Does anyone know of any wall mounts that would work with Sierra-2 and safely allow the speakers to be tilted down up to 25 degrees? I am imagining some sort of clamping style that also supports securing to the back of the Sierra-2 using its threaded insert.
    A 25 degree downward angle is quite steep -- I don't think I have ever seen a clamping style bracket that would allow for this. Keep in mind that the greater the angle, the further away from the wall the speaker must be so this complicates matters for the bracket.

Is there a reason why you require such a steep downward angle? How far will the speakers be from your listening position?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com